Pissed off, whiney-ass muslims

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They said that interviews with intelligence officials and earlier studies suggested that the largest contingents are Algerians (20 percent), Syrians (18 percent), Yemenis (17 percent), Sudanese (15 percent) and Egyptians (13 percent). They can be hard to distinguish from the general population, the report said, because cell leaders have encouraged them to shave their beards, which symbolize piety, and to carry cigarettes, even though most Salafis do not smoke.

Last month, Lynch said at a news conference that 376 foreigners had been detained in Iraq this year, including 78 Egyptians, 66 Syrians, 41 Sudanese and 32 Saudis. One American and one Briton also were captured, Lynch said.

Completely wrong?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Makes it clear?
Cordesman said the relative influence of foreign and Iraqi elements of the insurgency is difficult to measure because accurate numbers are hard to come by. In a report published in September, he and a co-author said they believed that 4 to 10 percent of the roughly 30,000 insurgents in Iraq are foreigners, many of them adherents of a radical branch of Islam known as Salafism.

add to that
"The foreign fighters' attacks tend to be more spectacular,...

and the statement makes sense.

In the end, his accuracy was incorrect (most instead of many) hey, I'd trust a serviceman who has served in Iraq quicker than I'd believe the Washington Post(they've been shown to be biased against the administration)

spike

Maybe when he said "the people that do most of the killings aren't even Iraqi" he meant the US forces.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Didn't seem to help you any. Are you the janitor over there or something?

Gee...Like I didn't see that one coming. Tell you what. You join the military, and take a peek at the world without your rose-colored glasses on. Take a tour in Iraq, and then see how much backbone you have before you call me a janitor. Until then, don't speak to the people who guarantee your right to stupidity before you know what the job entails..:finger:

spike

Gee...Like I didn't see that one coming. Tell you what. You join the military, and take a peek at the world without your rose-colored glasses on.

No, I'll tell you what. Get your facts straight and provide some evidence before you start claiming things "cause I said so" and your comments will start to be relevant.

When you claim "most of the people doing the killing aren't Iraqis" and the evidence shows the foreign component is between 4 and 10 percent of all guerrillas it's pretty clear that whatever you do it's not getting you reliable info and your "cause I said so" holds no weight whatsoever.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
No, I'll tell you what. Get your facts straight and provide some evidence before you start claiming things "cause I said so" and your comments will start to be relevant.

When you claim "most of the people doing the killing aren't Iraqis" and the evidence shows the foreign component is between 4 and 10 percent of all guerrillas it's pretty clear that whatever you do it's not getting you reliable info and your "cause I said so" holds no weight whatsoever.

You have one source. Gonz had a contradictory source. I had/have my own eyes. Either way you look at it, I'm more correct in my assessment than your source. Get your evidence from more than one place, and maybe you can offer something besides "That's what they're saying".

BTW...the offer to see for yourself is still open.

Professur

sorry, I don't mean to seem to be fence hopping, but, Spike, how are the two statements mutually exclusive? I'll wager 90% of the guerrillas haven't killed anyone yet. Jsut like 99% of the US soldiers haven't.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
sorry, I don't mean to seem to be fence hopping, but, Spike, how are the two statements mutually exclusive? I'll wager 90% of the guerrillas haven't killed anyone yet. Jsut like 99% of the US soldiers haven't.

you..........you are confusing me!!!! *handonhip

:lol:

spike

They harbor no ill will towards us

-a solid majority (71%) of all Iraqis want US to set a deadline and withdraw within a year.

-a substantial majority (61%) of all Iraqis approve of ATTACKS upon US troops.

-78% of all Iraqis view the US presence as provoking violence, rather than being stabilizing. Essentially the same percentage feel that the US is establishing permanent military bases in their country.

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/home_page/250.php?nid=&id=&pnt=250&lb=hmpg1

Damn, your eyes suck. I'd quit trusting them or get some glasses.

Altron

-a solid majority (71%) of all Iraqis want US to set a deadline and withdraw within a year.

-78% of all Iraqis view the US presence as provoking violence, rather than being stabilizing. Essentially the same percentage feel that the US is establishing permanent military bases in their country.

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/home_page/250.php?nid=&id=&pnt=250&lb=hmpg1

Yeah, and we all know how accurate surveys at gunpoint are.

spike

Yeah, and we all know how accurate surveys at gunpoint are.

I don't see where it says it was conducted at gunpoint.

If it was, I agree with you that majority of people approving of attacks would be much higher than 61% since the gunpoint would scare many from saying that.

Professur

I wonder how many of them voted for Hussien in the last election?

spike

I wonder if a vote was done here how many people would want to read any more of spikes rhetoric...

You really can't come up with any valid way to contradict what I've posted except labeling it rhetoric can you? This must be tough for you.