PM email notifications

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm... So you tried the login as both a @ and a + joining your username and xibase.com?

I think I remember you having this same problem with our previous host. Try with a %

Squiggy

ThunderDick
It stopped working during the server change. It worked fine till then. I turned it off for a while till the change was complete and it didn't work since then.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
It doesn't work. I tried using my ISP for the SMTP and I tried using mail.xibase. It was working fine prior to the server change and not since... :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Have you completely deleted that account & reestablished it? Unlikely but it may still be looking for the old info.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
OE has always had a Mac version. Its evil. It trys to take over the computer.

I only use the xibase as a backup for my regular mail. Its no bigee.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if these menus are the same for your version or not but here goes nothing. These same settings worked for me using my address and login...

Tools->Options
Getting Started
Return address: [email protected]
Mail server (incoming): mail.xibase.com
Login name: [email protected]
SMTP server (outgoing): mail.xibase.com
[x] Allow authentication (checked)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Never could get it to work using xibase as the SMTP. I switched the SMTP to my regular and it worked fine. Until the server change. Now I get the username/password mismatch. But the password works fine using webmail.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
:D Prolly my next. I hate apple and since they did away with Mac OS theres no excuse to pay their prices. OSX is just a purtified Linux.

Mirlyn

On the original topic....I too got emails about private messages about four hours after I originally received the message. :)