ravin2500

Professur

That's unfortunate. Noone mentionned it to me at the time. Perhaps it was only that one can, because I made a point of not bringing any older beer with me.

ClaireBear

Banned
tonksy said:
naw...we still have it, i think....i drank some of chris's. very aluminium-y.

I know what you mean... not about this particular brew.. but beer/lager in general Tonks...

Canned larger and beer can be dreadful.. almost as bad as some badly kept draft... and boy! I've drank some badly kept draft in my time! *shudder*

I tend to buy bottles if I can... rather than the can... can! :D

Professur

Unfortunately, bottles don't travel well, and beer is photosensitive. It goes skunky if exposed to heat or light. And given that my beer store is either 200 miles in one direction, or 1200 miles in the other .....

ClaireBear

Banned
Professur said:
Unfortunately, bottles don't travel well, and beer is photosensitive. It goes skunky if exposed to heat or light. And given that my beer store is either 200 miles in one direction, or 1200 miles in the other .....

Where the Hell do you live?

A dry state?

Is your separation from society for your or the public's benefit? :p

*CB is happy in the knowledge that decent beer is just a 10 minute walk away!*

Professur

Dry? Hell no. I drive past North America's oldest brewery daily. But I find most shelf beer tastes of preservatives, and not much else. Then the glut of tasteless Ice beers flooded the market making it even worse. That forces me to range far and wide for better beer. And damned if this country doesn't take "far and wide" and abuse hell outta it.

ClaireBear

Banned
Professur said:
Dry? Hell no. I drive past North America's oldest brewery daily. But I find most shelf beer tastes of preservatives, and not much else. Then the glut of tasteless Ice beers flooded the market making it even worse. That forces me to range far and wide for better beer. And damned if this country doesn't take "far and wide" and abuse hell outta it.

Oh... poor you!

*CB still smug in the fact that her village has a CAMRA Beer festival every year and some of the finest award winning beers are brewed locally and available off the shelf just 15 minutes away!*

Ahhhhhh!

tonksy

i can drink canned beer if i pour it in a mug and let it breath awhile...but i understand the need for you to buy cans, prof. i am lucky in that there are quite a few package stores in my general area.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
tonksy said:
i can drink canned beer if i pour it in a mug and let it breath awhile...but i understand the need for you to buy cans, prof. i am lucky in that there are quite a few package stores in my general area.

If your beer is still 'breathing', then it'll go sour that much faster. :sick:

prof...get your beer in green, or brown, bottles. Those colors tend to block the UV light better than the clear. Rule of thumb is...the darker the bottle, the better the blocking.

Professur

Yer preach'n to the choir, Gato. But carrying 100 bottles 1200 miles, and trying to keep them cool and dark for the length of time I do (winter heating and all) just has too high a fatality rate. When I buy beer than doesn't need to travel, I get bottles.

Raven

Annoying SOB
Gato_Solo said:
If your beer is still 'breathing', then it'll go sour that much faster. :sick:

prof...get your beer in green, or brown, bottles. Those colors tend to block the UV light better than the clear. Rule of thumb is...the darker the bottle, the better the blocking.
At least it won't taste tinny though ;)

I make a point of never drinking canned beer unless I absolutely cannot avoid it....gimme a nice draught or bottled beer any day :)

ClaireBear

Banned
Professur said:
Great. Bring me a dozen bottles of McEwans Export next time you cross the pond, willya?

Ahhhhh! Ex!

Great in shandies!!!!

A good way to introduce the young to the delights of beer... I had my first weak shandy at about... 4! :blush:

I come from a long line of drinkers! :D

Professur

ClaireBear said:
Ahhhhh! Ex!

Great in shandies!!!!

A good way to introduce the young to the delights of beer... I had my first weak shandy at about... 4! :blush:

I come from a long line of drinkers! :D

You can't hardly do a shandie here. The lemonade's not right.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
ahhh I was gonna say..."I can bring ya Moosehead if ya want" but we only got the lager too...in a green bottle...