Relaxation

Professur

Yup. I commuted up after work, and I'll go straight to work from here tomorrow morning. Given the Tunnel traffic, it's only about 15 mins longer.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yup. I commuted up after work, and I'll go straight to work from here tomorrow morning. Given the Tunnel traffic, it's only about 15 mins longer.

So why during the summer do you live at home instead of up there with the family?

Professur

Because normally the traffic inbound isn't as Gawd Awful as it's been for the past year, and because normally I didn't actually work in an office, but on the road, with my route planned beginning on the south shore.

Not to mention silly things like laundry, hot showers and 4 hours per night retraining.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Because normally the traffic inbound isn't as Gawd Awful as it's been for the past year, and because normally I didn't actually work in an office, but on the road, with my route planned beginning on the south shore.

Not to mention silly things like laundry, hot showers and 4 hours per night retraining.

I dunno what you mean by retraining...but the rest seem to make sense (even though you don't do your own laundry :p)

P.S. I am scaring myself with how much I know about you.

Professur

Retraining: IBM, COMPAQ, HP, Lexmark, Intel, AMD, Microsoft, Novell and sundry other annoying suppliers have this annoying tendancy to issue new products with totally contrary specs to their previous offerings, on a regular basis. Staying in business means knowing more about those products than the guys phoning me. At the worst, I figured I was spending about 4 hours an evening online reading white papers, red books, and knowledge base articles.