Roast Turkey on the grill

tonksy

I decided not to do the sweet potato casserole. I am just going to roast them around the turducken like I do with chicken. One less thing.....and no pecan pie. I am going to bake cookies for the kids instead.

GrandCaravanSE

I decided not to do the sweet potato casserole. I am just going to roast them around the turducken like I do with chicken. One less thing.....and no pecan pie. I am going to bake cookies for the kids instead.

Hey do you have the Recipe for the Sweet potato casserole, i would like to make that, unless of coure it is a secret.

2minkey

bootlicker
well, if you wanna do what i'm doing... just roast a bunch of sweet potatoes and throw in a bit of roasted garlic, a dash of honey, a bit of cream, some sea salt (i'm arbitrarily using sel gris), a shitload of real butter, and either some krunchy uncured bacon or kurobuta ham. not exactly 'casserole' but potatoes don't need to get very complicated.

also making macaroni and cheese. parmigiano reggiano, cave-aged gruyere, aged white cheddar, a bit of colston-bassett stilton (a mild blue cheese), with a dash of chipotle for smoky goodness, probably some rendered pork fat, some other piggy product, butter, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, panko crust on top...

tonksy

Hey do you have the Recipe for the Sweet potato casserole, i would like to make that, unless of coure it is a secret.

It's not a secret. Kinda common in southern households. I like this one as I am not a big marshmallow fan - this has none.
Mine is so similar to this one that it is pointless to dig out the recipe card (I did adjust the sugar content as I personally think 1 full cup of brown sugar is too much).

SWEET POTATO PECAN TOPPING CASSEROLE

3 c. boiled and mashed sweet potatoes
3/4 to 1 c. brown sugar, accounting for your preference
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. milk

Mix and pour into buttered casserole.

TOPPING:

1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. flour
1/3 c. butter
1 c. pecans, chopped
Cinnamon and nutmeg (optional)

Mix above ingredients and sprinkle on top of sweet potatoes. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes. Serves 8.