Save our basement

Altron

I guess I haven't posted much. Been caught up with work and school (35 hours at work last week... wtf? I'm part time, in high school!)

Work is an adventure as usual. I haven't gotten a pay raise since September. They do them for everyone at the same time, but they keep delaying it. At any given time, there are 1-4 people working directly under me, which is kinda a hassle, since my salary hasn't been adjusted to compensate.

Then, since she knows that I'm a total fucking ballbuster, she schedules me by myself.

On saturday afternoon, for five hours, and on sunday afternoon, for six hours, our two busiest times of the week, she had me by myself.

Most of my coworkers would bitch if there's any less than three people during those times. They had eight people selling TVs, and me, by myself, loading them. It's a real pain in the ass. I need to get the damn thing out there, then they inevitably have a tiny car full of shit. Seriously, how fucking stupid can you be? It's a fucking Honda Civic. And a 50" Plasma. It's not going to fucking fit.
"Can we try taking it out of the box?"
So then I need to demolish this box and pull the plasma out. Meanwhile there are three people waiting.

Then they have these Open Box floor model TVs we sell. They sometimes come with remotes and accessories. It's up to the person selling them to determine that, and to provide them for the customer. I don't know enough about finding the correct remote to do it, and I don't have the time, and usually if the customer expects it, and it doesn't exist, they get pissed. Also, they are wrapped in plastic, they DO NOT have boxes.

So, for Open Box, what I'm supposed to do is go out to the floor, wrap it, and load it.

But it's such a pain in the ass. Inevitably, the TV guys says "well, it's been the floor model, but it works and is the same as the regular, and it's cheaper" to sell it (because the managers give incentives to sell them. usually some sort of contest or prize for selling open box. no prizes for me, even tho I make less and do more work, and I have to bust my balls for each OB)

So, customer expects a regular TV, in a box, with accessories, re-taped shut.

So, then I have to go out onto the floor, get a TV guy to take it off the wall mount and put it on the stand, then I need to wrap it. Then, usually, I get asked for a remote, and have to look for it. I usually can't find it, so I just call up the TV sales manager and flip shit on him. Then the customer yells at me for taking too long to find the remote.

So I told those assholes that they had better be telling customers that it don't have a box, and that they need to look for accessories, and if they cant find them, tell the customer that there aren't any. Any of the managers are willing to write off a $20 Sony universal remote to make a TV sale, all they need to do ask the manager, instead of sending customers to me and expecting me to find a remote.

I asked one of the managers why I'm constantly scheduled to handle the warehouse alone, and he's like "Well, it's because you're the only one who's capable of running it alone."

*sigh* It would be kinda nice if I got a halfway decent salary, doing the work of two people.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
we need a strobe light, and some patouli oil down here.

then we can do the thing where we sit in the circle (a la 70's show)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Shit! Just never you mind those plants in the corner with the grow lights. I'm starting tomatoes. Yeah, that's it. Tomatoes. 7 foot tall freakish tomatoes.....

Altron

My basement was pretty damp and musty when I went down there today. My brother practically lives there. It's a nostalgic smell, though, since for three and a half years, I practically lived there as well.

It's weird how you tend to associate certain smells or sounds with events.

For example, when I smell that damp musty smell, I think of my old video game and computer infatuation. Just being in that basement or smelling it, I get hit with all these memories.

Or, like, every time I smell something that's been soaked in gasoline, I think of my old Mazda.

Whenever I listen to more than two consecutive songs off of 'Best of Bowie', I think of the end of last summer.

There's probably tons more that I don't recall offhand, but would in a heartbeat if exposed to.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I bet almost any basement smells better than yours right now :crap:

I'm still looking for some duct tape and a leaky bean-bag chair. Hmm...maybe if I throw some pizza boxes down on the floor it'll make this place more homey...:D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Seriously guys...I'm not being the one to clean up this time around! I'm not very good at it anyway, Wetling's hangout DID get closed down by the department of sanitation :D