Science strikes again

markjs

Banned
OK them, if not Duracell, how about
chap05_energizer_bunny.jpg

half a star....no not even that.....:tomato:

JJR512

I wonder if anybody understands why if a person stood in a pressurized vessel (i.e., a spacecraft) in outer space, and a portal were opened to the vacuum of space, the person wouldn't get sucked into space?

chcr

Too cute for words
I wonder if anybody understands why if a person stood in a pressurized vessel (i.e., a spacecraft) in outer space, and a portal were opened to the vacuum of space, the person wouldn't get sucked into space?

Yes, but it doesn't make good sci-fi movies. ;)

Someone else I know wondered how many people knew about the missing neutrinos.

JJR512

That's what I said...or perhaps you're quoting me :retard3:

For anyone left curious, here's why the vacuum of space doesn't suck you out: Space is nothing (not actually absolutely correct, but close enough for the practical purpose of this explanation). Nothing can't do anything. Sucking is an active process. Space can't suck. See? So what is it, you may ask, that causes you to rapidly exit you're pressurized container when a hole is suddenly opened to the vacuum of space? You get blown into space by the air pressure inside the container. It carries you with it as it blows into space. So you get blown, not sucked. The end result, of course, is the same: A disgusting mess. ;)

Professur

It should also be noted that you don't explosively decompress either. Although there's a good chance of your eyes popping before they freeze solid.

JJR512

True, your decompression is slower than what could be called "explosive". It's further worth noting that your fluids both boil and freeze at the same time. It's pressure that keeps a gas in liquid form; remove the pressure, and there's nothing left to hold it together as a liquid, so it boils into gaseous form. Remove the heat, as space has very little, and it also freezes.

Professur

What's really fun is vomitting up your lungs. If you ever pull up a bass from deeper than 50', you'll know what I'm talking about.

catocom

lol, I pulled a Grouper from about 250' that pop-eyed.
It was funny, after being used to the regular ones.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Since the old timers died off, Apple Brandy (homemade) is harder to find.
Unless you make it yourself.
I think actually, it's not illegal to make, just to distribute.

There used to be a place in town that sold home brew kits, but they're gone now I think.

Jeebus. All you need is unpastuerized apple cider...in a plastic jug...and a balloon. Secure the balloon over the spout, and place the jug in a cool, dark closet. Once the balloon begins to inflate, you're ready for skimming and drinking. :rolleyes:

You kids today ...always making things more complicated than necessary...