sex

greenfreak

I've waited (not by choice) until I couldn't sit down because the pain was so bad. There was NO pus.

Urine could be cloudy too, have a different odor, and even blood or other "bits" in it. But the slight burning thing and feeling a greater need to pee than you actually have to is the sure sign.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
So yu wait long enough til you're sure there isn't gonna be any pus to know the difference?

Nah, Cranberry is good for prevention and if you think you have one coming on it can help stop it but once you're at the hurts to pee stage I think one should give up and see a doc. I've had a UTI that within 12 hours of the increased frequency of needing to pee I was pretty much in tears cause I was in so much pain...un-fun indeed.

BeardofPants

Cranberry juice can be used to flush the infection out if you catch it early enough. This time I went into a bit of denial first, and didn't start the juice diet early enough. *slaps self
I got some last night :headbang: shouldn't have, but fuckit, I needed some rough 'n tumble. ::smug::

Starya

I have cranberry capsules. Tried them for the first time this christmass when I thought I felt "something" was up.

And since Prof wanted details/differences: it often starts out with a feeling of "pressure" to the bladder, making one think one really has to pee, but naah. Apparantly you know the feeling. Good. Then comes the burning. Which you also seem to be familiar with. Excellent. Then these two get worse. I guess you..? Ok. Then we add on the knowledge that the women-folks are extra prone to getting UVI's due to the short urinary tract. This generally will lead to the assumption that it's a UVI.

Ok, all these points have already been covered. I'm sure there could be some differences worth mentioning, but since I have never experienced that thing which we won't discuss here, I wouldn't know. :p