Sickening

jimpeel

now that is a good point. it would be too bad if a child molester got off (no pun intended) on a technicality.

Then again, it was once stated that it is better that 100 guilty men go free than a single innocent man be found guilty.

Despite the accusations of my abetting the molestation of children, I merely wish to take a "wait and see" attitude. I will wait for the law, the courts, and the evidence to do what they are supposed to do.

I do not know who is guilty.

I do not know who is innocent.

What I do know is by the tenets of the law: Every person is innocent until proven guilty by the preponderance of irrefutable evidence; that evidence having been presented in a lawful court of law; that evidence presented to a jury of the peers of the accused; and that evidence leaving not a shadow of a reasonable doubt in the minds of the jury.

When stories on this issue come to the forefront, I will post them here as I have been doing with my own commentary on what this MIGHT mean to the case.

In the meantime I, unlike some here, will continue to wait and see the outcome.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
In the meantime I, unlike some here, will continue to wait and see the outcome.

Something to chew on as you wait

SAN ANTONIO - More than half the teen girls taken from a polygamist compound in west Texas have children or are pregnant, state officials said Monday.

A total of 53 girls between the ages of 14 and 17 are in state custody after a raid 3 1/2 weeks ago at the Yearning For Zion Ranch in Eldorado. Of those girls, 31 either have children or are pregnant, said Child Protective Services spokesman Darrell Azar. Two of those are pregnant now, he said; it was unclear whether either of those two already have children.

"It shows you a pretty distinct pattern, that it was pretty pervasive," he said.

State officials took custody of all 463 children at the ranch controlled by the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, saying a pattern of teen girls forced into underage "spiritual" marriages and sex with much older men created an unsafe environment for the sect's children.

Under Texas law, children under the age of 17 generally cannot consent to sex with an adult. A girl can get married with parental permission at 16, but none of these girls is believed to have a legal marriage under state law.

A call seeking comment from FLDS spokesman Rod Parker was not immediately returned. Church officials have denied that any children were abused at the ranch and say the state's actions are a form of religious persecution.

Civil-liberties groups and lawyers for the children have criticized the state for sweeping all the children, from nursing infants to teen boys, into foster care when only teen girls are alleged to have been sexually abused.

No one has been charged since the raid, which was prompted by a series of calls to a domestic abuse hotline, purportedly from a 16-year-old forced into a marriage recognized only by the sect with a man three times her age. That girl has not been found and authorities are investigating whether the call was a hoax.

On Monday, CPS also revised its total count of children in state custody to 463, up one from Friday. Azar said the change resulted from finally getting the children out of the San Angelo Coliseum and into foster facilities around the state, where they were able to get a more accurate count.

Of those 463 children, 250 are girls and 213 are boys.

The sect, which broke from the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter-Day Saints more than a century ago, believes polygamy brings glorification in heaven. Its leader, Warren Jeffs, is revered as a prophet. Jeffs was convicted last year in Utah of forcing a 14-year-old girl into marriage with an older cousin.

You still wanna defend these perverts? Still jealous cuz these geezers got all the teenies?

Take it, Charlie...

As far as I'm concerned there ain't no excuse
For the raping and the killing and the child abuse
And I've got a way to put an end to all that mess

Just take them rascals out in the swamp
Put 'em on their knees and tie 'em to a stump
Let the rattlers and the bugs and the alligators do the rest

jimpeel

You still wanna defend these perverts? Still jealous cuz these geezers got all the teenies?

You chose to ignore the key part of the story which was this:

No one has been charged since the raid, which was prompted by a series of calls to a domestic abuse hotline, purportedly from a 16-year-old forced into a marriage recognized only by the sect with a man three times her age. That girl has not been found and authorities are investigating whether the call was a hoax.

You see wishing for the entire truth to come out before any decisions are made in this case as "defending these perverts". Fine.

You have declared every single person in that church as being a pervert. Fine.

You are the "Get a rope" type like those in "The Ox Bow Incident". Fine.

You have even, now, accused me, based on my desire to find the truth before condemning an entire group, as holding some sort of sick jealousy that these people are screwing young girls and I am not. ie: I, too, am a pervert who wishes to screw underage girls. Fine.

At this point, I should be calling you a sick fuck; but I will simply have to keep that thought to myself as that type of ad hom is not allowed on this board. That hasn't seemed to have stopped you from openly calling me a pervert.

I will, however, tell you that you are a bigot and an anti-constitutionalist. You want instantaneous justice based on your own opinion and desire for vengeance and to hell with the justice system, the law, or judrisprudence. You want extraconstitutional punishment against those you hate based on your desire for expediency for your own entertainment. Guilty or innocent? Who the fuck cares. Get a rope!

Just take them rascals out in the swamp
Put 'em on their knees and tie 'em to a stump
Let the rattlers and the bugs and the alligators do the rest

Yeah, that sounds like justice and law ... to you.

It sounds like vigilante anarchy to the rest of us; and this from a sworn officer of the court. Please, please, please stay in GA and keep your brand of "law and order" there. Time to take out that badge and give it a good polish so everyone can see what it really stands for.

catocom

HERE is some truth...

Officials: 31 of 53 Teen Girls Taken From Polygamist Sect Have Been Pregnant
SAN ANTONIO — Texas child welfare officials say more than half the teen girls swept into state custody from a polygamist sect's ranch have been pregnant.

Child Protective Services spokesman Darrell Azar says 53 girls between the ages of 14 and 17 were living on the ranch in Eldorado. Of that group, 31 already have children or are pregnant.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,352966,00.html

of coarse my great grandmother (gone now) go married when she was 16.
Times where different then, maybe much like these people live in some ways.
Still one man and one woman though. Also my great granddad was 18, not 40.
Then they were married and stayed together until death.

IMO people were more reasonable then though, and did what they had to, not sit
around waiting for gov handouts. (overall mostly)

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Whether the call was fake or not, it gave them legal reasons to enter the compound, which showed illegal activities going on.

Their entry was in good faith.

Mare

I thought I heard something on the news last week about how this girl had been making calls to the police/welfare and it was fake calls, and they thought she did it in this situation too, and they were investing it and thinking of giving the moms back their daughters/kids?????

spike

You chose to ignore the key part of the story which was this:

I would say the key part of this story is the fact that over half the girls under 17 are pregnant and that there are widespread reports from former FLDS members that these girls are forced into marriage. Also key is the fact that their own "prophet" was convicted of doing that exact thing to a 14yr old.

wishing for the entire truth to come out before any decisions are made in this case as "defending these perverts".

I am all for a thorough investigation with DNA testing to find out all the facts before convicting anyone. You seem are making excuse after excuse here for them as if you'd like to brush away all the evidence and not have them investigated. Often in blind denial of the facts that are already available.

"Sounds to me to be better stats than most high schools". Uhhh no.

You have even, now, accused me, based on my desire to find the truth before condemning an entire group, as holding some sort of sick jealousy that these people are screwing young girls and I am not. ie: I, too, am a pervert who wishes to screw underage girls. Fine.

At this point, I should be calling you a sick fuck; but I will simply have to keep that thought to myself as that type of ad hom is not allowed on this board. That hasn't seemed to have stopped you from openly calling me a pervert.

Jim, it's laughable hypocritical of you of all people to be complaining about ad hom and unprovoked insults. Maybe you can learn something here.

I will, however, tell you that you are a bigot and an anti-constitutionalist. You want instantaneous justice based on your own opinion and desire for vengeance and to hell with the justice system, the law, or judrisprudence. You want extraconstitutional punishment against those you hate based on your desire for expediency for your own entertainment. Guilty or innocent? Who the fuck cares. Get a rope!

I'll agree with you there. He indeed has criminal disrespect for the law and justice system. You would think it would be a qualification that would be looked at before anyone gave him a job that has anything to do with the justice system.

It sounds like vigilante anarchy to the rest of us; and this from a sworn officer of the court.

I'll agree with you again on that.

Also Charlie Daniels became completely brain damaged about 20 years ago.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I ain't in GA. Read, peel. It says "Occupied Tennessee". Plain as...well...anything else typed into this or any other discussion.

Defend these creeps all you like. Hug 'em even, as I said before. Some of 'em are convicted sex offenders. When you manage to rack up the number of hours spent with thier ilk that I have, preach on. Until then, continue to make a fool of yourself.

Inkara1

AUSTIN -- At least 41 children taken from the polygamist compound in West Texas had suffered bone fractures, some of them multiple times, which suggested a pattern of child abuse, the head of the state’s Child Protective Services told a legislative panel Wednesday morning.
Carey Cockerell, commissioner of the agency that oversees the agency tasked with providing emergency care for youngsters at risk of abuse, said that the monthlong inquiry that followed the seizure of more than 460 children from the Yearning For Zion Ranch near Eldorado has been hampered by a lack of cooperation from both children and adults at the compound.

Full article here

Interesting...