Sits back, lights a cigar.

unclehobart

Christmas season followed with watching NCAA bowl games and the NFL's playoff jostling 'round the clock for 15 days. Life has been on hold. Next week promises to be more normal.

The girls just had some innoculation boosters yesterday. Serious unhappy campers they were.

My truck has a consistent coolant problem. A visit to the mechanic is slotted for the future. I had a pinhole in one of the radiator hoses that slowly drained the coolant on a long drive on a 92 degree day this last summer. Once I shut it off at a gas stop, it went haywire and did a steamover boilout-splosin. I think it put a mortal wound on the upper radiator crimping that has taken another 5 months to really start to show itself. As it is I have to keep topping it off once a week. Its more annoying that anything right now as the winter temps keep it mostly in check... but once it warms again... I figure it to finally try to commit suicide.

Reloaded Battlefield 1942 onto the comp. Twas one of my favorites.

Nothing overly dramatic else comes to mind right now.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Just spent $533.10 on books for this semester, still waiting for 2 of my 4 grades from last semester, tomorrow is my third day of class for this semster, my Christmas break was good but not near long enough.

unclehobart

Gonz said:
Same shit different day....poor, broke & bedraggled

Unc, trying battlegroup 42 mod?
Never heard of it. Only been back at it for two days. I don't go online with it as it is an exercise in psychotic hackers and cheap tactics. Too bad the AI isn't better managed for single play.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I have a copy. It's SP or MP. Adds several new missions & minor varainces of existing ones. v1 I have & it got pulled. v1.1 I'm currently digging for, it seems to have also disappeared.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I've been sick for all of December, and now it's January, I have just finished my course of pills, and the kid I babysit has brought us strep. I feel like hell again or still, can't tell which.

otherwise, same old, same old, same old.

Dave

finishing up my tenure at the current job. (yup. still there. long story. maybe i'll tell y'all one of these years)

have a nice little vacation plannned just prior to starting the new job.
actually looking forward to something for a change.

Alaska

PrincessLissa said:
Depends on the hour. My hormones are taking me for a ride and I feel sick all the time again.

My wife's hormones are taking me for a ride. She's talking about leaving again. Neither one of us knows why. :confused:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Man, been there. Sucks too.

Well, my life has been going pretty good for the most part. The new job is going great. I love the work, although I do have to talk to users a little more than I had anticipated. They aren't that bad, but they aren't great either.

The kids are all doing good. The oldest boy is still a fucktard, I swear I just don't understand why he has to act just like his old man did when I was that age. He started smoking last year. He still likes to hang around the "hoodies". You'd think two years of probation would help, I think it just introduced him to a whole new group at the "peer" meetings. Lovely. At least he's doing alright with his grades.

The middle boy is doing good. Still in the genious program at school, he's a smart little shit for sure, but he asks me the oddest questions at times. He wanted a full explanation of how the tsunami started, and why. I started to explain to him what I knew and he was telling me shit before I was done. I really think sometimes he's just testing me to see when he will surpasse me.

The youngest boy is doing good. He spends all his free time these days snuggled up with either my computer, his gameboy dx, or his Yu Ghi Oh cards. I try to understand them, I really do, he gets so excited over having a Silver dragon. :shrug:

The oldest daughter is driving. That's not going as bad as I thought it would, but she hasn't had her first accident or speeding ticket yet. I've ridden with her, it's just a matter of time.

The middle daughter is still the ADHD drama queen. I've become impatient with her. I think these days she's ADHD when it suits her, not when it doesn't. I guess it's good she has a handle on it, but damn it gets annoying.

The youngest daughter is now 13. She thinks shes 18 and she looks 21. Life is going to be hell with that one.

The wife got a new job as well this year. She's now a Social Worker for DFS. Yep, the dreaded bitch that comes and inspects your house. It's what she wanted. I tell her almost daily that I couldn't do it, but I'm glad she does.

Sharky

One of my best friends is showing more and more advanced signs of emphysema, but refuses to admit it or even to visit a doctor. He chain-smokes unfiltered Lucky Strikes, when he's not busy coughing up chunks of lung.

I lost my glasses again - driving at night is an adventure.

The goats are fat and sassy, now that winter is here they are eating lots of hay.

My neighbors across the road got two new horses - a chestnut gelding and a roan mare. They are beautiful. When they see my truck coming up the driveway, they walk over to the fence and wait for me to stop and give them a treat.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
My son has just started having seizures so that's pretty much been my life at the moment.

ClaireBear

Banned
The usual...

Pulling 10 hour shifts with a 30 minute break... meaning I get less than 12 hours at home a day....

So f**king tired...

Get grief for being so f**king tired.

Seriously think I'm on an unexplainable downer again.... this one seems bad... one of the worst.... as I really have no reason to be feeling this way really. :shrug: My blokes worried about me... but he's one of these lucky people who never get that feeling.

But other than that... the Holidays were great... Got the most beautiful expensive watch off my man for Crimbo, we're working through the loss of our dog and the unGodly shifts this month should pay for my excesses when present buying and partying.

Oh and Sprirt... I really hope your boys okay... (kinda puts my gripe in perspective) :sadhug:

Inkara1

Sales have slowed down at Radio Shack now that the holidays are over. This likely means my paychecks will slow down as well. Thankfully I have some money to fall back on to pick up the slack for the next few months.

School starts January 19. I'm taking two classes this semester. Once I'm done with that, I will have completed 126 units out of the 124 I need for graduation, so I'll have Cuesta College mail the transcript to Fresno State and then I'll apply for graduation.

I might have finally gotten a message through to Brandi. See, I'd loaned her some money to help with Christmas, with the promise of being paid back the first. This, even though she still owed me $75 to cover her half of the divorce paperwork. I was pretty sure I'd never see the money again, but I wanted to help for the holidays and give her a chance to prove she changed. Well, as expected, the money never came, and tonight she asked me for another $100 to help with her power bill. She got really pissed off when I told her no and said I wasn't going to continue to support her. I'd venture to guess her telling me that she hopes I get AIDs or Herpes or another STD is pretty close to a new low, even for her... and her "Aaron Crutchfield is an asshole...." yahoo status isn't too impressive either. So it looks like she's learned absolutely nothing... although her wedding is supposedly postponed until May now.

On a more productive and positive note, I met a new girl that I think has some real potential. Her name is Annie. I mentioned her elsewhere on the board. I went to the King City Denny's again and we had dinner and talked some more. There seems to be something there, and she said she's interested in seeing what's there... so hopefully we'll have a lot more chances to go on some dates and stuff.

I was showing her all the random crap in my car's trunk (who else keeps an ISA SoundBlaster 16 in the trunk?) and I noticed the outside of the fire extinguisher was wet. So was the towel under it, some random receipts, the leather case for the knife sharpening stone, and a few other things. It didn't look like extinguisher residue (especially since the green dot was still raised, meaning it had a good charge, and the pin was still in it), so I think the trunk's weatherstripping has a leak. It would make sense, because the area's seen a lot of rain lately. Besides, I've heard that some Chrysler products have trouble with leaking trunks. So I'll have to do something about that at some point. I still need to change the timing belt and replace the windshield.

The first holiday season after the death of Grandpapa went a lot better than expected. Grandmama still misses him a lot, which is to be expected after sleeping on the left side of the bed while the same person slept on the right pretty much every night for 62 years, but we're all coping pretty well, I think.

I got some life insurance payouts from it, and I've received all the money now. I'm looking at ways to invest it to make it grow as quick as possible because I want to buy a house fairly soon after I get my career established. I have no idea where my career will be established at, and what I have now to offer for a down payment would pay for probably between 1/3 and half the house in some areas, while it would be laughed out of the bank around here.

I finally, finally got my own domain name registered: www.inkara1.com and I got a coppermine photo gallery too. Not much there yet though.

That's really about the extent of what's been going on with me.

Ooh, almost forgot... Fresno State's win over Virginia in the MPC Computers Bowl moved them up to #22 in both final polls. That means the 'Dogs finished the season ranked for the first time since 1992's win over USC in the Freedom Bowl. Go 'Dogs! :D

Professur

Inkara1 said:
I might have finally gotten a message through to Brandi. See, I'd loaned her some money to help with Christmas, with the promise of being paid back the first. This, even though she still owed me $75 to cover her half of the divorce paperwork. I was pretty sure I'd never see the money again, but I wanted to help for the holidays and give her a chance to prove she changed. Well, as expected, the money never came, and tonight she asked me for another $100 to help with her power bill. She got really pissed off when I told her no and said I wasn't going to continue to support her. I'd venture to guess her telling me that she hopes I get AIDs or Herpes or another STD is pretty close to a new low, even for her... and her "Aaron Crutchfield is an asshole...." yahoo status isn't too impressive either. So it looks like she's learned absolutely nothing... although her wedding is supposedly postponed until May now.

Gawd, you're an idiot. Get a restraining order and be done with her already.

Inkara1

I sent an e-mail telling her I expect payment in full of all $275 I'm owed by February 5 or else I'll explore what collection options may be available to me. It's hard to explore those if there's a restraining order in the way.