Slope sliding saddness

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A road less traveled. Say, didn't somebody mention this scenario & get belittled for it?

Four state legislators in Massachusetts have introduced a bill that would soften the crime of bestiality, a move pro-family activists say is a natural progression of the state's legalizing same-sex marriage.

"The bill would strike down several sections of the current penal code criminalizing adultery, fornication and the advertisement of abortion," the reported stated. "It also repeals what appears to be a sodomy statute forbidding 'abominable and detestable crime against nature, either with mankind or with a beast.'

WND

catocom

and how long ago was it people (man and woman...wife and husband) were
getting arrested for sodomy when someone saw them through the blinds in their home?

Winky

No cat what Gonz sez is true
once fags getting married is thought of
as normal, screwin' yer 11 year-old daughter
or the neighbors Rottweiler isn't far 'behind'.

They want to make what Mike Jackson did “OK”

Nambla will prevail.

Bobby Hogg

Winky said:

Nambla will prevail.

Don't be ridiculous. That is not a natural progression.

Same-sex marriage between consenting adults is a different proposition to marrying children (who cannot legally give consent) or animals (who just cannot give consent). If you can't see the difference, I would suggest you are deranged.

To even suggest a link between them is one of the most ludicrous straw man arguements I've ever heard of.

rrfield

Bobby Hogg said:

Same-sex marriage between consenting adults is a different proposition to marrying children (who cannot legally give consent) or animals (who just cannot give consent). If you can't see the difference, I would suggest you are deranged.

To even suggest a link between them is one of the most ludicrous straw man arguements I've ever heard of.

Quit using logic, it's doubleplusungood to do that here.

Professur

Bobby Hogg said:

In a sane world, you'd be right. There have been two documented cases this year of someone marrying a corpse. Marrying children? The legal age of consent in Quebec is 14. Younger than that is perfectly acceptable with the consent of the legal guardian. That's TODAY!!!.

flavio

Banned
Professur said:
In a sane world, you'd be right. There have been two documented cases this year of someone marrying a corpse. Marrying children? The legal age of consent in Quebec is 14. Younger than that is perfectly acceptable with the consent of the legal guardian. That's TODAY!!!.
That has absolutely nothing to do with same-sex marriage.

A.B.Normal

Professur said:

*Inconspicuous Whistling
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175476,00.html

GAINESVILLE, Ga. — A 37-year-old woman has been charged with child molestation for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old boy whom she married last week.

In Georgia, a person must be 18 to marry without parental consent or 16 to marry with parental consent. Georgia law contains an exemption to the age requirements if the couple have a child or the female is pregnant.

I'm assuming that means if a guy knocks up a young girl the age exemption applies,but remember this law has been on the books for awhile too,so its not a slippery slope factor.

catocom

Winky said:

Nambla will prevail.
I'm just wondering if Sodomy is still against the law?

Bobby Hogg

Professur said:

Legal age of consent varies from place to place anyway. However, I don't see any good reason why marriage should not be available to same-sex couples who are in a relationship where both are lawfully consenting adults.

catocom

I'm just waiting for them to afford the same benefits they do for married people,
to "just friends". I'll get me a piece of that. :D

HomeLAN

A.B.Normal said:
*Inconspicuous Whistling
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175476,00.html

I'm assuming that means if a guy knocks up a young girl the age exemption applies,but remember this law has been on the books for awhile too,so its not a slippery slope factor.

Yup. We have some asinine laws here. Look for this one, at least, to change really soon. With a little luck, they'll even change it to something that makes more sense.

Professur

Bobby Hogg said:
Legal age of consent varies from place to place anyway. However, I don't see any good reason why marriage should not be available to same-sex couples who are in a relationship where both are lawfully consenting adults.

Because any change to any existing law sets a legal precedent for the law to be challenged by anyone else who chooses to. The moment there's a legal precedent (valid or not) that can be applied, the motion must be accepted into hearing by a court. And I think it's been abundantly well shown that the courts today are more interested in their book deals than the well being of the people they serve.

If a judge can award (again, I repeat it) a million dollar settlement for someone spilling coffee in their lap because it was too hot, they can allow a man to marry his dead 5 year old daughter.

Flav .... if you're not gonna read more than one line per post, at least have the good grace to look as see if the question you want to post has already been answered.

MrBishop

"sodomy statute forbidding 'abominable and detestable crime against nature, either with mankind or with a beast.'"

So...vaginal intercourse with an animal was peechy-keen ??!?

They're revoking anti-sodomy laws... the only mention of bestiality is incidental. It was part of the way the law was originally written and therefore, both had to be revoked at the same time. If it'd have been written in two sentences or laws... one with sodomy and the other dealing with intercourse with animals, they could've revoked one and left the other alone. :shrug:

Move along now...there's no slope to see here.

freako104

catocom said:
I'm just wondering if Sodomy is still against the law?

It is on the books but not enforced

I really see no link between homosexuality and bestiality or paedophilia. The slippery slope is pretty much bullshit

catocom

The reason it has been against the law here for so long is...
This country was "founded" in Christianity. Like it or not, it was.
At one time, all the laws of the bible were also laws of the land here.
Now that the Christianity isn't PC any more, there's no telling what the
laws of the land are going to be soon.

freako104

Founded as such though it seems that some more liberal ideals have pulled through as the years went on. The laws of the land are going to change with the times. Also laws replace older laws and such

MrBishop

Professur said:
Psst...your slippery slope is going backwards!
Legal age of consent used to be 12, then it went to 14 with some restrictions, now it's
Amendments to the Criminal Code in 1988 repealed the aforementioned unlawful intercourse and seduction offences. In their place, Bill C-15 created new offences called "sexual interference" and "invitation to sexual touching" that now prohibit adults from engaging in virtually any kind of sexual contact with either boys or girls under the age of 14, irrespective of consent. Introduced at the same time, the offence of "sexual exploitation" also makes it an offence for an adult to have any such contact with boys and girls over 14 but under 18, where a relationship of trust or authority exists between the adult and child.
even more restrictions.
in addition...they're thinking of raising it to 16