Smell my finger...

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Me: What is for dinner

My mom: FOOD (she has never answered that question diffrently in 30 years, you'd think I learn)

ralphie

paul_valaru said:
Me: What is for dinner

My mom: FOOD (she has never answered that question diffrently in 30 years, you'd think I learn)

that sounds like what I do to my mom...

"so... what do you want to eat?"

"food."

"what kind?"

"preferably the edible kind, but I'm not choosy."

Squiggy

ThunderDick
"I hate to wake you at this hour of the night..."

"huh?...What time is it?"

"4 AM"

"Don't worry....you don't stand a chance...." :sleep:

Oz

Parents seem to come up with some weird sayings to their kids...

"Do you want a smacked bottom?"

"yes mummy, I'd love a smacked bottom..."

"Don't eat those sweets all at once! They'll make you feel sick"

"Thanks mum, I was just enjoying them as well"

"If one of the big kids hit you.....hit them back! But don't hit your brother/sister"

"Brother billy is bigger than me...."

"Don't tell stories! Now sit there and read Jack and the Beanstalk"

"Does this mean stories are ok? As long as I write them down?"

"I don't care if you saw daddy doing it yersterday, that doesn't make it right!"

Oz

And a one adults say.......

"I slept like a baby"

Personally, I wouldn't call waking up every hour, screaming for food/screaming because my gums are sore or shitting/pissing my pyjama's a good nights sleep :retard3:

tonksy

Oz said:
"Do you want a smacked bottom?"
my baby answer yes to this often...usually at the beginning of nap or bedtime, perhaps to stay awake...or just to be a pain in the tush...erm...no pun intended.

chcr

Too cute for words
I know this is old, but I always wondered about "Don't get smart with me."

My current favorite starts with "My computer's quit working." (It's a terminal, not a computer)
Me: "What were you doing when it stopped?"
Them: 'Nothing."
Me (under my breath): "Then how can you tell it isn't working?"

Mirlyn

MrBishop said:
My wife gets me with this one all the damn time...figured that I'd have learned by now.

She's finished a conversation on the phone and I ask "So?" as in..."So...what did they say?"

She replies "Buttons" . as in, things that you sew.
"Hey"

"...is for horses"
or
"...straw is cheaper"

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
My kids "kinda" break stuff or "kinda" spill stuff all the time. How the fuck do you "kinda" spill a glass of tea in a keyboard?

Inkara1

PuterTutor said:
My kids "kinda" break stuff or "kinda" spill stuff all the time. How the fuck do you "kinda" spill a glass of tea in a keyboard?

Isn't that like being "kinda" pregnant?

pc_builder

we learned that quess what one in elementary. here it's

[/quote]guess what.
chicken but.
guess why.
cow pie.
guess where.
in your hair.[/quote]

then there was the "there's a dickfore in your hair."

I get the phone one all the time.

me: "hello?"
(short conversation)
caller: "so, where are you?"
me: "duh, this is my house phone..."

Recently, I've started doing this when answering the phone.

Me: "Hello."
caller: "What are you doing?"
me: "Answering the phone."

my mom did the food one to us all the time.

me: "what's for dinner?"
mom: "food"
me: "what kind of food?"
mom: "good food"

or, when people get in my cab, and there's a big (and I mean BIG) no smoking sign in front of them, they ask, "Can I smoke?"

And then some people "get smart" about it. when I say no, they say, "Well, can I smoke a dooby?"

"No smoking" in my cab means "No smoking" I don't care if it's a cigarette a blunt or if you're on fire... no smoking! But anyway, I think my passengers can't read. On the ceiling of my cab is written "No smoking. No exceptions" The sign in front of their face is the picture of a cigarette with the circle and slash through it. They can't read it, apparently.

I was at a friends house once, and her kid was being ornery about going to bed. Her mom asked, "do you want a spanking?" and the kid said yes.

pc_builder

I've just stopped being clever most of the time when people say stuff like that.

When someone says, "Can I ask you a question?" I just say "go ahead" instead of what i used to say, "you already did"

Then they would say "can I ask you another question" and I used to say "you just did"

PrincessLissa

The worst was right after I found out about Aaron's passing and everyone kept saying how are you and how you doing?

How the hell do you think I am doing? Someone I love just passed away and I could have helped him.

I know, they were tyring to be caring, but dammit.

Or are you copeing? what else would i be doing?