so...the Olympics are on...

unclehobart

Then I would put our men against your women in order to have a 30% chance of success. We would just concede the women against the men as an inevitible slaughter.

K62

I didn't mean woman against men :p

Hmm Canada vs Finland. We're going into the 3rd now, behind 2 goals.

Canada played a shitty 1st and a good 2nd.... Time is running out though...

K62

Canada loses to Finland.. 2-0.

Jeeze, so many chances tonight, we just couldn't get ANYTHING. A lucky bounce would have been nice.

Canada played horrible the first period, getting behind 2-0 then... but the 2nd and the 3rd.. it was in the Fin end most of the time.

good thing this is only the round-robin

K62

I would bet on Finland for the gold. Canada only sucked in the 1st.... when they lost the game.

unclehobart

Damn Germans are running away with bobsled again. They must be doping them or something. How do you give a sled a piss test?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Best story out of the Olympics so far for me
The outgoing head coach for Norway's cross-country skiers has become something of a national hero in Canada, after he impulsively aided a Canadian competitor who went on to win a silver medal in Tuesday's sprint relay. The Norwegian skiers ended up fourth
I watched this happen, it was an awesome and altrustic act on the part of Bjornar Haakensmoen. Kudos :headbang:

Dave

i dont think i've watched more than 20 minutes of the Olympics so far and that was just one period of a womens hockey game.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I hope the Canadian chick from the ice dancing is OK...man she fell hard on her hip...and right at the end of their program :(

mondomondo

I'm half-expecting someone to create an international sporting event where performance-enhancement doping is not only not prohibited, but actually encouraged.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
or go to Austria
VIENNA (Reuters) - Italian prosecutors found more than 100 syringes and 30 packs of drugs, including asthma drugs and antidepressants, in a raid on Austrian Winter Olympics bases, an Italian prosecutor told Austrian television.

They also seized devices for blood testing and blood transfusions in the raid on Saturday on the country's biathlon and cross-country teams, Austrian state television ORF said on its Web site on Monday, quoting Turin prosecutor Raffaele Guariniello.

ORF also quoted another Turin prosecutor, Marcello Maddalena, as saying the raids were coordinated closely with the International Olympic Committee and the World Anti-Doping Agency.

Maddalena said officials tried to avoid disturbing the athletes too much.

"But a raid is a raid," ORF quoted Maddalena as saying. "You cannot announce it in advance, nor can you put on your velvet gloves."

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

unclehobart

mondomondo said:
I'm half-expecting someone to create an international sporting event where performance-enhancement doping is not only not prohibited, but actually encouraged.
What could it hurt?
posefront.jpg

Professur

Don't tell me Discovery actually broadcast the same show to both you and I last night???

Fucked thing is, he's my height. Anyone who doesn't believe that people will willingly die over someone else's opinion of them needs to see that show.

K62

Canadian women just beat Sweden (who put up a good fight) 4-1, for the gold!

In this tournament Canada had goals in the high 40's (48 I believe) against 2 scored against them, both from Sweden.