I would rather...

• get my hands on a beer.

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • win father of the year.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
If I was father of the year, wouldn't that entitle me to all the beer I could drink (we're talking endorsements here, folks...) :D

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
mhh...you shouldn't be doing more than just staring? :D

ok, i should do hw as well, but...well....i don't wanna :(

Scanty

Book notes...my story notes...you know, for the book I'm "writing" - with massive inverted commas.

Yes, I should be doing more but ALAS!!!!!!!! *big dramatic sigh* Inspiration does not continually come my way...

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
if you're just trying to get inspiration all the time, it will never come...:)

just relax, do something else and take your time

Scanty

That's what I've been doing for what seems like forever. That's kind of my way of doing things actually, because I think that if you push stuff and force it to happen, you'll only teach yourself to hate it - it'll become more of a chore and not a pleasure.

So yeah, I usually just wait for things to come naturally. But I'm gonna have to start making myself think soon...cos it's getting silly just staring at words all the time. :(

unclehobart

Perhaps you should stop trying to wirte the great dickensian novel of the age and just scribble out bland tv scripts. Thats where the money is. Cheap mini novellas about dyslexic eskimo ninjas attending a rural French university with nudity and cheap pun infested jokes. Dreary and formulaic ... it puts food on the table.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Pre-existing writings give pre-existing ideas. Extrapolate on what you've already read. Express your own ideas. Feel the ideas. It's hard to explain.

Scanty

Believe me, I do Gato. I've been doing this for over two years now. The problem is I can't NOT try and write this amazing world-changing life-changing piece of literature. I'm a bit like that. I hate doing stuff that's been done before. Problem is it makes it very hard sometimes.