Some strippers dancing without a licence

MrBishop

I don't remember that.

I was at work..someone had noticed that I was leaving late and not returning until the morning. They waited until I'd gone and entered the building sometime in the middle of the night. Jimmied the door and opened up the filing cabinet right at the entrance. Stole rent money, a camera and some other shite..then noticed that my ex was sleeping in the bedroom next to the front door and buggered off. Thankfully, they didn't decide to stick around and have some 'fun'

Within a week, we were house hunting and cut the lease short and moved out and into the current casa... landlord didnt say a peep.

Professur

I remember helping you move ...once. Was it in or out? Out, I'm sure it was out. Someone mouthed off because I didn't want to run the truck over the grass. Why don't I remember this, tho. And why can't i recall helping you move in.

MrBishop

That was moving out of Chance's place in LaSalle. Lemme refresh your memory.

You were asking someone where to put the potted plant and a certain someone said "It can come in my lap" - I swear that you had to bite your tongue half-off to stop the witty rejoinder.

The move in wasn't a move per-se..just a mattress, a crappy desk and some boxes. I did it using Pop's old Civic.

The move into the St.Jacques location was piecemeal... buy furniture, ship it to the apartment etc... done over a few months prior to the wedding. The move out of there was pros doing the work.

That's the extent of my moves.

Hey the strip clubs in BC are awesome. Here in Washington they can do fully nude, but if they do, no liquor license. Not that I care but it just seems odd.

MrBishop

Hey the strip clubs in BC are awesome. Here in Washington they can do fully nude, but if they do, no liquor license. Not that I care but it just seems odd.

Ditto for Atlantic city...but you can bring your own booze in..so they have a liquor store next door with the same owners :)

Altron

Ditto for Atlantic city...but you can bring your own booze in..so they have a liquor store next door with the same owners :)

Way to illustrate the positive aspects of New Jersey to Prof. Sometimes I think he hates my little old state after his last misadventure here.

Professur

Naw. I hated Jersey long before that.

If anything, the friendly, helpful people I met who helped me and mine out of a serious jam improved my opinion of the place.

'cept for having to be warned away from a few places, and seeing the damage done to a few vehicles in the impound lot by psycho bitches (their word).

Naw, NJ ain't that bad. That I'd rather spend eternity being ass raped in Hell than have to stop longer than to pay a toll on my way through is simply my personal psychosis.

MrBishop

Way to illustrate the positive aspects of New Jersey to Prof. Sometimes I think he hates my little old state after his last misadventure here.

I liked Jersey... beats Virginia. I was so disappointed with VA beach the last time I was there. No 'bars' - only restaurants with liquor licenses. No booze without food. No 'discotechs' (Places to just go and dance and drink). "Bars" close early...like 11pm or so. Friggin' deadsville after 10pm.

I'd gone down with a female friend on vacation. Did the beach (nice), and the amusement park (nicer) and went back the next night for some partying. Got my nice party suit on n' everything. She had the mandatory little black dress with bling.

Nada! Ended up at a restaurant with a karaoke setup, no dancing and everyone else was wearing jogging gear f'r crissakes! Arrived at 10pm (Which is early for Montreal) and within an hour, it was closed. The owner didn't know of any bars, clubs, discos..nada. None of the teens did either.

BOOOO-RING!

Altron

NJ bars have a last call at like 1am or so, I think. Most pizza places stay open until 2am to catch the drunken munchies crowd after they leave the bars. Of course, if you know someone who is renting a house and throwing a party, that will likely go until dawn. The Jersey Shore is just awesome, I guess.

Inkara1

I think last call here in California is like 2 or 3. Pizza places don't usually stay open that late, but Denny's does, and so does the drive-thru at Jack in the Box.

MrBishop

Last call in Montreal is 02:25:59, but the bars often don't close then. Many keep going until well into the next day. :) Just 'cause you can't sell booze doesn't mean that you don't have customers.

Professur

The Leigon at Newton Aycliffe in england has shelves under the tables. When they sound Last Call, more than a few order 4 pints and three go under the table.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Last call around these parts is 2am with the bars closing around 2:30am-ish. After leaving the bar one has their choice of many fine eating establishments...all night diners, Denny's, pizza, street meat, McDonalds, Wendy's, etc (the last two are usually drive through only though so you need a DD or a cab driver willing to do the drive through thing for you).

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
That said, during Stampede a lot of the rules are relaxed and last call is closer to 3am at most places I believe (I never make it that late...I obviously can't pace myself)