Sometimes life just plain old sucks

Professur

He knew. And he let you go.

there's a guy I know in Alabama with Heeler pups going, if you want to talk to him.

Inkara1

RIP Elvis...

My dad had a cat named Tom that adopted him one day when he was digging up potatoes in the garden. That was in the summer of 1987. He was with us until tax day 1998... but his body let go in the last few weeks and he kept trying to get outside to look for a place to die. When Dad was finally able to let go and take him to the vet, afterwards he found a rock and carved "Tom 4-15-98" into it, and then we buried him under an oak tree in the back yard. He'd been through two moves and was on his third companion cat, Jerry.

Now Jerry's getting close to 14 years old.

But I'll probably feel the same way you do when Jordan finally passes on. He adopted me the same way Tom adopted my dad. I tried to resist and he melted my emotional wall.

Uki Chick

RIP Elvis. :crying4: He's running like young pup in doggy heaven I'm sure of it.

He was ready to let go and this is how he let you know. As you said, he lived a noble life, was happy and those memories will be cherished by you always. I'm sure he was thankful for his days with you as well.

We're all here for you!

TexasRaceLady

The Rainbow Bridge

www.petloss.com/

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Thanks for reminding me, Uki. Forgot to put in the link.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
:sadhug:

:crying4:

I'm so sorry SnP. I'm even crying and I never even met him, I can't even imagine how you feel.

Sharky

My condolences, SnP. That's gotta be rough, but you know we're here for ya.

When I get home I'm going to give Ely the Wonder Dawg a big hug and an extra peanut butter cookie.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
He was loved, he was happy, he was cherished, and he lived the life he wanted to live as much as I could provide it

Can't beat that with a stick.

best wishes

catocom

*missed this thread, until Inky mentioned it elsewhere

Man, I hate that for ya.
When you've had a dog/friend that long, it's like family.

I like to believe, that Heaven will accommodate for believers, in this area.

BB

*aye, missed it too.*

it was very moving how you wrote from the heart SNP.

I can think of little to add, but to also wish you well - i too will raise a glass / short or pint (or quite possibly all three!) when i start drinking again in 3 or 4 weeks -

-to you and Elvis!

Stop Laughing

RIP Elvis :(

I am so sorry to hear about him, SnP. I too know the pain. My cat said goodbye to me at the vet's after becoming a regular there after developing diabetes. Giving her insulin shots twice a day was depressing for all of us cause we knew the end was drawing near. My last moment with her, her face seemed to reassure me that she was ready to go and was glad to be done with the pain and discomfort. That's the last time I cried. At least they'll always live on in our memories.

BeardofPants

Dude, sorry to hear of your loss. It's just as tough to lose a beloved pet as it is to lose a friend or family member. RIP Elvis. :(