Song remakes better than original?

tonksy

How old is she now? Reason I ask: kids are wanting ipods. I am thinking shuffles first - less to break.

Mirlyn

How old is she now? Reason I ask: kids are wanting ipods. I am thinking shuffles first - less to break.

The girls are 8 and 10. Both have the 1GB shuffles. They both know it costs $1 to buy songs on iTunes, and use their allowance to have me do so (for the songs not in our library).

Kayla had two Walmart specials previously and both broke. I figure I spent $60 on an ipod (at the time) which is at least as much as I've spent replacing broken cheapies. She's had her ipod for a year and a half now without incident. There's no display so the battery seems to last forever, and the metal case stands up to these two, which says a lot. ;)

When they dropped the price earlier this spring, Karen and I got the 2gb versions.

tonksy

That's a shuffle. I took it to mean he bought a regular one that cheap.

I am leery of ebay for electronics. That's the most "scammed" area of ebay. I was lucky with my speakers. I'd have to research the seller thoroughly.

Mirlyn

You got an ipod for $60? That's how much the shuffles are. Where'd you get them?

The shuffle, I mean. Not the nano or classic. By ipod I meant the line of product, rather than a specific model. :D

We all four have the shuffles.

tonksy

:laugh5: Right there with you on that...except for we have no home phone. I am thinking that we will add a POS $15 Nokia to the family plan in a couple years. It'll stay at the house though.

Mirlyn

:laugh5: Right there with you on that...except for we have no home phone. I am thinking that we will add a POS $15 Nokia to the family plan in a couple years. It'll stay at the house though.
They can sign their own phone contract, in my opinion. ;)

Ah, yeah. That'd work. We do Vonage for LD--they start at $15, so thats an idea for a cheap solution too.

Mirlyn

/me pictures Morgan with a cel-phone crazy-glued to her head

:shudder:

She's stopped putting the cell phone ads out. Think she finally got the point.

Waiting for one of her friends to get one. It'll start all over again.

Mirlyn

Ah, nevermind. Always heard Boston, but The Almighty Google says step one was in NH.