Summer is here

MrBishop

Nixy said:
Because the stadium has a roof which opens and so the back half is usually a bit shaded due to the roof all being back there and where I was sitting my right side wasn't being hit by as much sun due to said roof.
Really? Mine's a drivers tan...right arm out the window all the damn time when it's hot :D

Inkara1

That's pretty impressive considering drivers sit on the left side of the car in Canada, just like they do in the US.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
THIS IS AN ALERT TO THE POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WITH LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS AND TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS. IF THREATENING WEATHER APPROACHES TAKE IMMEDIATE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS.
A WEAK COLD FRONT IN CONJUNCTION WITH AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE APPROACHING FROM MICHIGAN IS FORECAST TO INITIATE A ROUND OF STRONG TO POTENTIALLY SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS TODAY. ALTHOUGH NO WIDESPREAD SEVERE STORMS ARE FORECAST..THE WARM TEMPERATURES AND RELATIVELY HIGH HUMIDITY LEVELS ENSURE SOME ROBUST STORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING LARGE HAIL AND BRIEF DAMAGING WIND GUSTS THIS AFTERNOON INTO THIS EVENING. SOME OF THE STORMS WILL BE SLOW-MOVING AND MAY GENERATE SUSTAINED TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS EXCEEDING SEVERE LIMITS OF 75 MM PER 3 HOURS.

Hail is here. :eek13:

see ya!!!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Yeah. I needed that song in the head. :finger:

Severe thunderstorm watch for:
Barrie - Orillia - Midland

CONDITIONS ARE FAVOURABLE FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS TO DEVELOP. THIS IS AN ALERT TO THE POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WITH LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS. IF THREATENING WEATHER APPROACHES TAKE IMMEDIATE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS.
THE WARM HUMID AND UNSTABLE AIR MASS WILL DEVELOP STRONG THUNDERSTORMS AGAIN THIS AFTERNOON OVER SOUTHERN ONTARIO. SOME OF THESE THUNDERSTORMS COULD REACH THE SEVERE LEVEL WITH TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS. LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGE WINDS GUSTS. THE THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY WILL SUBSIDE THIS EVENING WITH SUNSET

Here come the tornadoes. AAAAaah! :eek:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Leslie said:
Yeah. I needed that song in the head. :finger:

Severe thunderstorm watch for:
Barrie - Orillia - Midland

CONDITIONS ARE FAVOURABLE FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS TO DEVELOP. THIS IS AN ALERT TO THE POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WITH LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS. IF THREATENING WEATHER APPROACHES TAKE IMMEDIATE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS.
THE WARM HUMID AND UNSTABLE AIR MASS WILL DEVELOP STRONG THUNDERSTORMS AGAIN THIS AFTERNOON OVER SOUTHERN ONTARIO. SOME OF THESE THUNDERSTORMS COULD REACH THE SEVERE LEVEL WITH TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS. LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGE WINDS GUSTS. THE THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY WILL SUBSIDE THIS EVENING WITH SUNSET

Here come the tornadoes. AAAAaah! :eek:

We were watching the storm this afternoon from the 22nd floor (where our office is) and looking to see if we saw any cyclones forming but we didn't :(

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Nothing happened after all, but they've issued a new worser warning for here now.

Stop Laughing

We've had the '30 minute T-storms' lately. A loud crash of thunder woke me up yesterday at 10 after 7 (couldn't have set the alarm clock better) and when I got out on my way to work, the sky was blue and the sun was out. No wonder meteorologists like working here, it's interesting and if the weather doesn't go the way they say, we expect it cause its unpredictable anyway.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
All of our storms have been short too. I hope tomorrow there's a little tornado, that'd be SO COOL to see from 22 storeys up. With my luck it'll happen when I'm walking to or from lunch though :mad:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
come here then :(

The seagulls are all coming in off the lake. This isn't boding well.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Is just that I can't stand this damn weather, it's driving me nuts. Yesterday night it was 7ºC and I was sweating, there is something seriously wrong with humidity and atmospheric pressure.

If it was raining outside, I wouldn't mind going out and get wet.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
It didn't rain for a couple weeks here. It got really sucky. And now it won't stop lol

HomeLAN

We had our sytem drench the crap out of us for two days, and now we're back to parched. To be fair, there is about a 20% chance of flash-and=splashes - prolly hit while we're all in the pool.

Highs in the mid-90's.

BeardofPants

Ah, went for a 4+ hour walk - balmy sunny day with that kick-ass autumn/winter haze; not a cloud in the sky. I love the lighting in winter. Even better, we came home and boinked like bunnies. ;)