Sup OTC. Can I get some updates?

greenfreak

It's been a while since I knew what was up with all of you. :D

As for me, I became an adult while I've been gone. Got married, changed jobs, bought a house, moved pretty far from where I used to live.

Life is good though and I'm about as happy as I've ever been.

How are all of you? Updates please? The last two years should suffice. :headbng2:

A.B.Normal

Good to see you haven't completely forgotten us,but I guess life has a habit of getting in the way of what's really important huh.:lol2:

Not much new here really .:glasses3:

Stop Laughing

Wow! Haven't heard from you in a LONG time! Glad to see you're doing great! I've been kinda steady the last couple of years. Got a new cat, had two hospital stays last year (one because of that cat), my brother just went off to the Air Force (and I'll get his car in a day or two), won a giant toolbox (Macsimizer), and that's pretty much it for major stuff. I may have something big on the horizon but don't wanna say until I know for sure, so stay tuned...

greenfreak

Good to see you haven't completely forgotten us,but I guess life has a habit of getting in the way of what's really important huh.:lol2:

Not much new here really .:glasses3:

Yup, trying to get the nice healthy balance between obsessive surfing/posting and nothing. ;)

SL, hi!! Glad to hear you're doing well. And I'll wait impatiently for news. :)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Last two years eh?

Well, I graduated, moved home with my mom, got an awesome job, moved out of my mom's place again (but within like 40km still) and things were going well...great job, decent place, etc. Then last fall I got the chance to transfer to Calgary, AB to our office here...well, I jumped on it and here I am, 3500km away from where I grew up and it's just awesome.

greenfreak

Congrats Nix! Glad to see all that hard work paid off for you. How is it, acclimating to a totally new place?

Btw, Ash can be blamed for me being here right now. I saw a CD in a store last weekend that made me think of her, and by extension, everyone else. :p

Inkara1

I'm still in the process of finalizing the novel that sums up the past two years. Suffice it to say the "girl of the week" is Lori, and we've been a hot item since the start of last March. I still work at the same paper (same pay rate, too, grumble grumble) and I've still got the same car. Also still using the same camera setup at the paper... Nikon D100 with Nikon 24-85mm f3.5-5 lens, Tamron 75-300mm f4-6 lens.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Congrats Nix! Glad to see all that hard work paid off for you. How is it, acclimating to a totally new place?

My newest thought on life is "nothing is a shock if you're ready for it" (which my hair dresser actually told me the last time I coloured my hair) and I was SO ready for this move...so it's been insanely easy settling in here.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Hmmm...I'd like to say that I'm still young, handsome, and incredibly witty, but that would be a lie. I've gotten older. :D I'm still active duty Air Force, and I'm still going on deployments...I'm on one now. When I get back home, I'll probably re-enlist for 4 more years...my final 4 years...that means only 3 more deployments until I retire.

greenfreak

My newest thought on life is "nothing is a shock if you're ready for it" (which my hair dresser actually told me the last time I coloured my hair) and I was SO ready for this move...so it's been insanely easy settling in here.

Uh oh. What color is your hair? :scared: ;)

I have a new goal in life too. My new year's resolution... To try not to invest time or emotion in negativity. Whether it be my own or someone else's. It's worked pretty well so far. :)

So what's the job about, can you see yourself staying there for a long time?

greenfreak

Hmmm...I'd like to say that I'm still young, handsome, and incredibly witty, but that would be a lie. I've gotten older. :D I'm still active duty Air Force, and I'm still going on deployments...I'm on one now. When I get back home, I'll probably re-enlist for 4 more years...my final 4 years...that means only 3 more deployments until I retire.

I find it hard to believe you're old enough to retire. I'm sure you're still devastatingly handsome. Even though you've only ever allowed me to see one picture of you. OUT of uniform. :mad4:

Whenever I hear about cave spiders or hellish looking insects, I think of you.

Gonz, the job is still in IT but the exact opposite of what I had. I was a networking semi-peon in a very large oil company. Now I'm a jack of all trades in a teeny tiny financial company. It's 8 miles from home, I work 7:30 to 4:30 and besides the occasional drama, it's cool.

We moved about 45 miles east of where I used to be. We have a little village within walking distance, lots of great shopping five minutes away. But we're also surrounded by farms. Even my city-boy husband loves it. It's a great place for us to have our first home. :)

catocom

I'm still an asshole. :D :hairbang:

been labeled a few other things too, but I am still outspoken on some issues.

My dad died almost 2 years ago now, and we've been muddling along.
The bills get paid, the stuff degrades, and it's almost time to upgrade.
(actually we have an iron clad budget)

You still taking a lot of pics with that nice camera, or have you slacked off a bit.

chcr

Too cute for words
It's been a while since I knew what was up with all of you. :D

As for me, I became an adult while I've been gone. Got married, changed jobs, bought a house, moved pretty far from where I used to live.

Life is good though and I'm about as happy as I've ever been.

How are all of you? Updates please? The last two years should suffice. :headbng2:

Holy Cow!!!!! Hiya gf, good to "see" you!

Lessee, last December Arren's ex passed away (and not from AIDS either) so he has his daughter now. She's 12. Of course there's still the whole immigration problem with the others. Guess I'll have more as I think about it.

greenfreak

I'm still an asshole. :D :hairbang:

been labeled a few other things too, but I am still outspoken on some issues.

My dad died almost 2 years ago now, and we've been muddling along.
The bills get paid, the stuff degrades, and it's almost time to upgrade.
(actually we have an iron clad budget)

You still taking a lot of pics with that nice camera, or have you slacked off a bit.

Tons, actually. Just not uploading them to my site enough!! Now that I live in a semi-rural area, I've got all sorts of critters in my yard. We actually had a rabbit come through the other day which isn't so great. I have major plans for the garden and that rabbit could ruin it all. So once the fence is replaced, I'm getting me some chicken wire for the perimeter. Unless someone wants to come over and help me make rabbit stew. :D

greenfreak

Holy Cow!!!!! Hiya gf, good to "see" you!

Lessee, last December Arren's ex passed away (and not from AIDS either) so he has his daughter now. She's 12. Of course there's still the whole immigration problem with the others. Guess I'll have more as I think about it.

Hey sweetie!! I missed ya. :huggy:

Obviously, losing a parent is got to be hard on her but I'm SO glad they're together! I'm not sure what you mean about immigration though, you want to PM me?