Sup OTC. Can I get some updates?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
We moved about 45 miles east of where I used to be.

You moved to Maine? I didn't know you could move east of LI.

As for the rabbits...they are teasing you. A dog or a .22 fixes that problem. No need to bury the wire-rabbit fencing with no gaps is enough. Make sure teh gate is big enough to fit your tiller.

greenfreak

You moved to Maine? I didn't know you could move east of LI.

As for the rabbits...they are teasing you. A dog or a .22 fixes that problem. No need to bury the wire-rabbit fencing with no gaps is enough. Make sure teh gate is big enough to fit your tiller.

Geography lesson... :D Long Island is 100 miles long. Urban on the western end, farmland on the eastern end. It's pretty diverse. I'm about halfway out now so I'm getting the best of both worlds.

Rabbit fencing looks like the same thing, but with bigger gaps. Since the little bastards do know how to dig, whatever I decide to put in will be buried down some.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Last time I was on the LIE, I wanted off it :D

If the bunnies dig...shoot 'em. We've never had that problem but maybe those damned NY hares are more criminal minded ;)

greenfreak

:wave: Hiyas Greenie! :D

*seconds the "wheres the new pics?"* :D

Oh wow... I was just talking about you the other day. I just bought the new Finger Eleven CD and remembered you had one of their song lyrics on your website.

How you been?? Pics are in the pics thread I started... But of course.

Mirlyn

Oh wow... I was just talking about you the other day. I just bought the new Finger Eleven CD and remembered you had one of their song lyrics on your website.

How you been?? Pics are in the pics thread I started... But of course.

Been good! :) Haven't heard the new CD yet; good buy? I'll have to check it out.

I love your wedding pics! We're still waiting for ours. Heard next week, but we'll see. ;) I can't find much inspiration in winter to get out myself. Eagerly looking forward to spring and more green plants. :D Looking at 10mm superwide lenses, but man they're pricey. I'm considering buying one and charging work for pics of our custom installs (we do Crestron automation too).

How do you like the smaller company? More variety, it sounds like.

greenfreak

Holy COW, congratulations to you too! Everyone got married!! When was your wedding - it must be recent if you don't have pics yet. Ours were waiting for us when we got home from our honeymoon. But that's pretty standard in NY, I don't know if it's like that everywhere. The best are here:

Ceremony: http://www.greenfreak.net/?page_id=86
Portraits: http://www.greenfreak.net/?page_id=87
Reception: http://www.greenfreak.net/?page_id=88

I've only been getting pictures of the backyard birds lately - I've become a birdwatcher. I'm stoked for spring though, it was 60 degrees yesterday.

The small place is... different. Pay is better than before, and since I worked my way up at my last job, I can handle all the stuff no matter what comes up. They are also surprisingly open to me spending whatever I want on technology. They don't like the security I'm imposing but I will break them. ;)

What about you, how is work? If you do offer up your pics, keep your copyright and make sure if they're going to print them on brochures or whatnot, you get compensated accordingly. I just had a theatre company in the UK ask to use a photo of mine for printed materials, and then found out they were already using it on their website. :mad4:

Mirlyn

Holy COW, congratulations to you too! Everyone got married!! When was your wedding - it must be recent if you don't have pics yet. Ours were waiting for us when we got home from our honeymoon. But that's pretty standard in NY, I don't know if it's like that everywhere. The best are here:

Ceremony: http://www.greenfreak.net/?page_id=86
Portraits: http://www.greenfreak.net/?page_id=87
Reception: http://www.greenfreak.net/?page_id=88

I've only been getting pictures of the backyard birds lately - I've become a birdwatcher. I'm stoked for spring though, it was 60 degrees yesterday.

The small place is... different. Pay is better than before, and since I worked my way up at my last job, I can handle all the stuff no matter what comes up. They are also surprisingly open to me spending whatever I want on technology. They don't like the security I'm imposing but I will break them. ;)

What about you, how is work? If you do offer up your pics, keep your copyright and make sure if they're going to print them on brochures or whatnot, you get compensated accordingly. I just had a theatre company in the UK ask to use a photo of mine for printed materials, and then found out they were already using it on their website. :mad4:

You both look great and extremely happy! :D As for us, we just got a bad apple with a solo photographer who moved out of town right after our ceremony. She'd promised them in December, so I'm not holding my breath this time. Tracked her down online, so I have some ammo if its needed. :D It was Oct 20th; there are some amature shots in the BS. This whole thing is ironic, for us being photographers. ;) Oh well...there's always a story to tell! No immediate honeymoon (back to work the following Tuesday), but we were thinking of taking a week or two to South America this coming summer to make up for it.

As for the weather, yeah, we hit 70F and sunny at the house Monday. Tuesday early morning it stormed (hail, winds, lightning), then rained, switched to sleet and was icy by 5pm, then the snow fell all night (~3"). I think it bottomed out in the 20s Tues night/Wed morning. So much for spring.

I've seen several places online that will handle the printing and whatnot of your shots for sale for a small cut, but I've seen very few not explicitly claim their rights to your stuff in doing so. :nono:

BeardofPants

Hi Greenie! :)

Me? I graduated post-grad in Geography (Geographic Information Systems) mid-last year. Have been working for the New Zealand defence force for the last year. I'm now the senior geospatial analyst. Oh, and I have a cat. He's a seal point ragdoll, now six months, and very cute. :D

Here's an older pic :

pixel3-1.jpg

greenfreak

You both look great and extremely happy! :D As for us, we just got a bad apple with a solo photographer who moved out of town right after our ceremony. She'd promised them in December, so I'm not holding my breath this time. Tracked her down online, so I have some ammo if its needed. :D It was Oct 20th; there are some amature shots in the BS. This whole thing is ironic, for us being photographers. ;) Oh well...there's always a story to tell! No immediate honeymoon (back to work the following Tuesday), but we were thinking of taking a week or two to South America this coming summer to make up for it.

As for the weather, yeah, we hit 70F and sunny at the house Monday. Tuesday early morning it stormed (hail, winds, lightning), then rained, switched to sleet and was icy by 5pm, then the snow fell all night (~3"). I think it bottomed out in the 20s Tues night/Wed morning. So much for spring.

I've seen several places online that will handle the printing and whatnot of your shots for sale for a small cut, but I've seen very few not explicitly claim their rights to your stuff in doing so. :nono:

South America? Summer? You're brave. We got married in early June and refused to go to the Carribean because of the heat and humidity. It took us less time to fly to Bermuda than it does to fly to Florida. We considered not honeymooning because of money but in the end, made some other sacrifices. It was the first time I've ever left the country. We were planning a return trip before we even left, it was wonderful.

I know no matter what weather is like here, yours will be more extreme! :lol2: I'm at a crossroads with photography. There are a lot of things I could be doing to make money at it but I am unsure whether I want it to become a job. I enjoy it so much, I'd hate to lose that by it being an obligation. I went to your site last night and saw you have your own business thing goin on. Is it a side thing or are you investing time/$ in it?

greenfreak

Hi Greenie! :)

Me? I graduated post-grad in Geography (Geographic Information Systems) mid-last year. Have been working for the New Zealand defence force for the last year. I'm now the senior geospatial analyst. Oh, and I have a cat. He's a seal point ragdoll, now six months, and very cute. :D

I forgot you were in NZ. I was watching a show on it the other day and was floored by how beautiful it is. It's now on our list of places to go although I don't know how long that will take!

Cute kitty. :)

Mirlyn

South America? Summer? You're brave. We got married in early June and refused to go to the Carribean because of the heat and humidity. It took us less time to fly to Bermuda than it does to fly to Florida. We considered not honeymooning because of money but in the end, made some other sacrifices. It was the first time I've ever left the country. We were planning a return trip before we even left, it was wonderful.

I know no matter what weather is like here, yours will be more extreme! :lol2: I'm at a crossroads with photography. There are a lot of things I could be doing to make money at it but I am unsure whether I want it to become a job. I enjoy it so much, I'd hate to lose that by it being an obligation. I went to your site last night and saw you have your own business thing goin on. Is it a side thing or are you investing time/$ in it?
We are looking at the Brazil/Peru area. Cam found some packages that don't seem so touristy, which is what we want. I'm just excited to be able to leave my belt arsenal of two phones and other crap at home! :D

As for shots, I too don't want it to be a job, but its a hobby that others have expressed interest in. I started the site to help facilitate that. :) Hosting is not an issue, so I just have a little time in it.
:eek2: Same as me

It might have its advantages, now we can remind each other about anniversaries :D
My parents is the 21st. :D It seems like theres a birthday every three weeks or less from Sept to Dec, so its like a field of land mines to remember them all. ;)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Freaky... I was thinking about this place the other day, and decided to stop by and see how everyone was doing myself. Had today off, had a dentist appt this morning.. Finally breaking down and getting upper dentures. My upper teeth have been a mess since I was a teenager, never seemed to matter how much I brushed, I would have two to four cavities every time I went to the dentist, have had 3 different teeth pulled in the last 10 years, and finaly got tired of messing with them. Todays appt was to make the mold for the final denture casting, right now I have four teeth up front on the top, the rest were pulled back around xmas. About two more weeks and I'll go back in and have the front ones pulled and the dentures put in. For some reason my bottom teeth have always been in great shape while my top went to hell, so they are all still original, and only had one cavity they filled today as well.

Other than that, the kids are doing ok. Oldest daughter is turning 20 this July, she's finishing up her first year of college, and doing well, I think shes gone from being a Dental Asst, to a Nurse, to now a Teacher, but thats alright, took me 16 years to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up, if she figures it out in the next three years, I'll be impressed. My oldest son turned 18 back in Sept, decided he wanted to strike out into the world and pave his own course. That worked for about three months and he's back living with his mom again now. I guess he took it seriously when I told him a couple months ago that if all he is going to tell me is lies, I'd rather not hear it, as he doesn't talk to me much anymore. Thats ok though, he will realize soon enough that I actually knew what I was talking about, at least a little bit of it. The only thing that really bites my ass now is that he was a Senior in High School, I guess that going to school thing was a bit too much to handle, he tells me hes in the process of getting his GED, but I'm not sure if thats just to appease me or piss me off more... The middle daughter is also a Senior this year and is doing really well, got the college she wants to go to picked out and actually picked a small community college about 30 miles from here, she was our ADHD kid, doing much better with that, but relieved to know she'll be close by also. The youngest daughter is 16 now, dating four or five different boys in any given week, and having a glorious time messing with their heads I'm afraid. Still getting almost straight A's in school, yet I hardly ever see her doing homework, maybe thats what she keeps the boys around for. My middle boy is going to be getting his drivers Permit this June, and is already bugging me about which car he gets to practice in. Not sure yet about that, just got a new Sebring a couple months ago, still have the Suburban and the Eclipse, and the wife is in an Avenger now. Probably be the Burb, it's still bigger than most of the vehicles on the road, but it still scares the daylights out of me to think about him driving, even after I've got four that have been driving now for quite a while. The youngest boy is turning out to be my only football player, track starts in a couple weeks and he is excited about that, not for track, but the coach told him he should do it, so he's doing it. Going to have to have a talk with this coach sometime, seems like anything he tells the boy to do, the boy does. This could work in our favor.

My wife is in her Masters program now, she got a supervisor job about a year ago and has been doing well in that, although she still is in Social Work, so still gets to deal with the dregs of society on a daily basis. But she also gets to help people too, I try to remind her of that often. I'm still doing mainframe programming, I'm a team lead now, so I have four people under me that I assign work to, review their code, write up documentation, all that good stuff. I still get to code myself every once in a while, so it's not so bad. Thinking about moving up to to a Supervisor position there as well, but then coding would be a very rare thing, not sure if I want to give that up or not. Only downside in the present job is that I rarely get time to surf at work much anymore, and don't really feel like doing much on a computer when I am at home now.