Sup OTC. Can I get some updates?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
It's good to see alot of the originals still around. I would say I will try to stop by more often, but I'd probably be lying. I do still stop by every couple months or so, but usually don't have much to say, so...

greenfreak

Holy mega update. That's the way to do it!!

Nice to see you PT. :hug:

One question... If you're missing most of your teeth on the top, what are you eating? I suppose chewing is out of the question! I hope the dentures go well. My Mom's had them since she was in her early 30's so don't feel so bad. ;)

PT

I eat steak. I also eat chips & salsa (very carefully). No teeth sucks. PT, you're lucky the bottoms aren't a problem. The top plate is ok but the bottom ones-I quit trying to wear 'em.
That's what alot of people have told me, that I really need to save the bottom teeth if I can, really hasn't been a problem, like I said, they are tough, the top just went to hell.

greenfreak said:
Nice to see you PT. :hug:

One question... If you're missing most of your teeth on the top, what are you eating? I suppose chewing is out of the question! I hope the dentures go well. My Mom's had them since she was in her early 30's so don't feel so bad. ;)
I'm eating alot of soft foods, before I started this I really liked my mashed taters and gravy, have to say I'm getting a bit tired of it. The last couple weeks haven't been as bad, I can eat hamburgers, pretty much anything you can bite off with your front teeth I can eat. Once it's in, its hard to chew it up, pretty much just slicing it up with the front teeth til its small enough to swallow, but I haven't managed to lose any weight, so I guess I'm getting enough.

btw, really nice to see you again too, Tell Rusty he's a lucky bastard for me... :hug:

PT

Wow Gonz, I just read your linked post there. One of the ones they pulled on my right side was linked to the sinus there. That was strange. I had been on antibiotics for a couple days before they did the extractions on through anyway, but it was still quite strange for the first couple weeks, as every time I tried to take a drag on my cig, the hole through my tooth socket up into the sinus was making it a bit hard to create suction.... That's right up there with the strangest feelings I've ever had.

Inkara1

Note to self... don't start smoking, just in case I ever need to have a top tooth pulled.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Wow Gonz, I just read your linked post there. One of the ones they pulled on my right side was linked to the sinus there. That was strange. I had been on antibiotics for a couple days before they did the extractions on through anyway, but it was still quite strange for the first couple weeks, as every time I tried to take a drag on my cig, the hole through my tooth socket up into the sinus was making it a bit hard to create suction.... That's right up there with the strangest feelings I've ever had.

Since I quit smoking I didn't get that but, I knew something was way weird. There were times it felt almost inhale my food.

greenfreak

Why didn't you guys get knocked out for that many extractions? Geez, I had a wisdom tooth taken out 6 months ago and I opted for general anesthesia. It's freakin great.

PT, I'm surprised you didn't get dry socket. That happened to my mother (who also has a full set of dentures) and she bled uncontrollably for quite a while.

Anyway, she's said that her mouth changed too, so what fits you now may not feel so great in 6 months. That you shouldn't be afraid to switch them up because if you're not wearing them because they don't fit, what's the point?

JJR512

Hello!

I have become an Emergency Medical Technician and am enrolled at a community college to become a Paramedic. I work for a critical care ambulance service that is part of the University of Maryland Medical Center. We bring the very sick or injured patients that other hospitals can't handle to UMMC or Shock Trauma.

I can still be a dick sometimes but I'm getting better at backing off. Sometimes.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Why didn't you guys get knocked out for that many extractions?

The probability for death or other serious malfunctions skyrockets under general. With my no threshold for medications (I barely take a handful of aspirin, begrudgingly, a year). A couple of seditives & I'm in the netherworlds.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
The probability for death or other serious malfunctions skyrockets under general. With my no threshold for medications (I barely take a handful of aspirin, begrudgingly, a year). A couple of seditives & I'm in the netherworlds.

Yeah, people sometimes forget that general anesthetic is a serious event. I know people who have been put under for their wisdom teeth, never had general anesthetic before, and they find out after that they're allergic...then they end up puking with open sores in their gums. I had laughing gas when I had mine done and I didn't feel a thing during the procedure.

greenfreak

Actually, laughing gas is what makes me naseous! Not to mention, it does shit for me pain management wise. After the first time of no ill effects of general, I've chosen it each time afterwards since all my wisdom extractions have been one at a time.

Eh, everyone's different. I know a lot of people who have had general and no one has had any problems. I suppose the older you get and the more at risk you are of cardiac problems, the more caution you should take. My vital signs were stable throughout each of mine.

PT

I thought about it, but would rather be awake and know whats going on rather than completely out of it. They did give me a valium to take that morning, and quite a bit of novacaine, I can't say I really felt much more than pressure while they were doing it. The one that broke off at the gumline sure sounded bad though....

greenfreak

Both actually. The bad one - with only sweet air/novocaine, I actually used the pills. I forget the name but they were major. I was in a lot of pain and the recovery was long.

The last time was this past June and I got a script for Darvocet. I took one before the effects of the general wore off. But it turns out, I didn't even need it, I still have 9 pills left.

I've never heard of getting pills beforehand. That's pretty cool. ;)

kuulani

Baby girl is 5 and in kindergarten. My son is 4 and attends a preschool for autistic children. Both are great kids, they get along great, they don't throw tantrums, they whine occasionally, but what kid doesn't?

My husband is still a ranger on our mountain. He's gone three days a week, which sucks, but he loves his job and he's lucky he's there.

My house is still not built. We're actually just waiting for the plumber to put in his finishing touches and we can get our final inspection. Woohoo!!

As for me, it's all about working and spending time with my family :D

greenfreak

So glad to see ya Ku'u! :hug:

So if it's just plumbing fixtures and such, posting a bunch of pictures wouldn't be out of order, would it? I'm so happy for you guys. I want to see that beautiful compound of yours. :D