Texas Rangers to win 2007 World Series

Professur

I'm telling ya, it's those low-level earthquakes. It unsettles the brain. Every person I know on the west coast is effected the same way.

Inkara1

At least we have building standards to prepare for earthquakes out here. If a city on the east coast got hit with a 6.0 earthquake, thousands of people would die as buildings came crashing down, while California could get hit with a 7.0 (10 times as powerful) and we might lose 15 people.

BTW, the word you were looking for is "affected." :D

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
One can hope, but until they realize that pitchers do help the cause they could have John the Baptist running things and still finish 12 games out of first.

Professur

Well you've gotta be unstable to even want to life out there in the first place. I'll stick to nice, stable, Canadian shield under my feet.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
At least we have building standards to prepare for earthquakes out here. If a city on the east coast got hit with a 6.0 earthquake, thousands of people would die as buildings came crashing down, while California could get hit with a 7.0 (10 times as powerful) and we might lose 15 people.

BTW, the word you were looking for is "affected." :D

Doubtful, as the buildings in Charleston have to be able to take a 6.0...or so they alledge...

Professur

If Montreal ever got a 6.0, buildings would be the least of our troubles .... as that would entail either Mont Royal turing into an active volcano, or the entire continental plate splitting right in half.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
If Montreal ever got a 6.0, buildings would be the least of our troubles .... as that would entail either Mont Royal turing into an active volcano, or the entire continental plate splitting right in half.

You do know that there's an 'inactive' fault running under the Mississippi river, right?