Texas Rangers to win 2007 World Series

rrfield

National League Manager of the Year candidate, got fired after the season because he and the owner kinda want to kill eachothers children.

woodman19_99

Wow, they don't call this place OTC for nothin. A thread started to discuss the Rangers and their chance (about as much as hell freezing over) of winning the 2007 World Series, becomes a discussion on geological faults and the expected results of a 6.0 earthquake causing Laurentians to become active.

Huh, who would've thought Prof would've been involved too!

woodman19_99

National League Manager of the Year candidate, got fired after the season because he and the owner kinda want to kill eachothers children.

He was one of the best managers that team has had. If that owner really gave a crap, he shoulda sucked it up and let him stay.

Inkara1

Problem with Girardi is that he out-Showalters Showalter, and whenever a team fires its manager, it usually tries to go the opposite direction. Bobby Valentine was rather, umm, fiery, and when the Mets shitcanned him earlier this decade, they brought in Art Howe... I don't know what Howe takes to be that laid back but I wish he wouldn't bogart it.

rrfield

Problem with Girardi is that he out-Showalters Showalter, and whenever a team fires its manager, it usually tries to go the opposite direction. Bobby Valentine was rather, umm, fiery, and when the Mets shitcanned him earlier this decade, they brought in Art Howe... I don't know what Howe takes to be that laid back but I wish he wouldn't bogart it.

True. I guess Girardi is the leading candidate in Chitown for the Cubs.

unclehobart

I have a feeling that the Yanks are going to drop some of those high dollar prima-underperforming-madonnas in the off season.

Too bad Steinbrenner can't one of em.

chcr

Too cute for words
I have a feeling that the Yanks are going to drop some of those high dollar prima-underperforming-madonnas in the off season.

Too bad Steinbrenner can't one of em.

The real problem is that the pitching philosophy only works when one of them is Clemens. Time to re-think the "experienced," high-dollar pitchers.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I just realized. The seems to be a certain New England team missing from the ALCS playoffs. There's always 85 years from now.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
OMG! ESPN just announced that the (gag) yankees will probably fire Joe Torre.

ATTENTION RANGERS FRONT OFFICE: YOUR WORLD SERIES RINGS JUST BECAME ATTAINABLE! (Just sign a pitcher or three...) DON'T ASS THIS UP!

woodman19_99

I just realized. The seems to be a certain New England team missing from the ALCS playoffs. There's always 85 years from now.

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

Up yours!

Anyway, firing Torre is probably the worst thing for the Yankees to do. All be it, I would love to see it happen. Maybe the Sox could hire him... as a bench coach or something... that would be pretty frickin sweet if you ask me.

Anyway, there is nobody who can handle the pressure and the whiners who play for the Yankees, although, without Sheffield and A-Rod there next year, and probably Giambi, there may not be much left in the way of whiners...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Torre, who assembled a Hall of Fame resume by calmly steering the Yanks to the playoffs in each of his 11 seasons, winning four World Series and two other AL titles,

Only the whiny assed yankee fans would want a guy with this record gone. They're look at Piniella. Didn't he already work there?