Texas Rangers to win 2007 World Series

chcr

Too cute for words
Only the whiny assed yankee fans would want a guy with this record gone. They're look at Piniella. Didn't he already work there?

No. He played there. Re Torre, he's a great manager, but they don't fire all the players, they fire the manager. :shrug: He'll probably be happy to go somewhere else. Probably win wherever he goes too. Pinella is fun to watch. He'll get thrown out a half-dozen times a year and deserve it a dozen more.

Note that so far this is a Daily News story. They're a couple of steps below the National Enquirer so...

woodman19_99

Actually, he coached there as well. 417 Games, with a record of 224-193, .537 win percentage.
Linky

vs.

Joe Torre: 1,780 Games, 1079-699 record, .607 win percentage.
Linky

Inkara1

As I posted on the Rangers blog (not sure if they approved it for posting yet), if Steinbrenner can find someone besides Torre that can keep that pack of egos together as a team, then I will eat my hat.

chcr

Too cute for words
Actually, he coached there as well. 417 Games, with a record of 224-193, .537 win percentage.
Linky

vs.

Joe Torre: 1,780 Games, 1079-699 record, .607 win percentage.
Linky

I stand corrected. What a piss-poor fan I am. :blush: I thought he'd just been the hitting coach.

I was busy in the eighties, yeah, that's it...

woodman19_99

Yeah, I just had to much free time this morning...

Busy during the eighties eh? May I ask why you were not following in depth the career of a MLB player/manager?