the book of questions

tonksy

i was going through some books in a cupboard today and i came across the book of questions....thats the name of the book by gregory stock and that's what it is...a book of 200 thought provoking questions...i thought they sure would make for an interesting thread...so here is the deal...i'll post the first question and when it starts to fizzle i will post the second and so on and so on until we have done them all! whatcha think? i suppose i'll have to bite the bullet and be the first one to answer the questions....but i think i can handle it....

QUESTION #1
For a person that you deeply loved, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your family and friends again?

um....i come from a very disfunctional family and we are not the visiting type...i haven't seen my mom in well over 4 years....wouldn't matter much on that end...most of my friends are friends i made when i lived elsewhere or online so i already don't see them much....i have lived in a couple different countries in my life so that wouldn't bother me....i think that i would be terrified i'd made the wrong decision...you know, wind up in tibet with a total jerk....i'd have to be certain....but in the end i am completely whimsical and prolly would do it.....lord help me.

IDLEchild

QUESTION #1 For a person that you deeply loved, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your family and friends again?

Depends.

If i hate my family then yes if i don't then no. Love isn't worth that much.....infact its worth very little.

Ms Ann Thrope

tonks said:
QUESTION #1
For a person that you deeply loved, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your family and friends again?

Yep, I would...not because I wouldn't miss my friends and family, but because I'd love the chance to live somewhere other than the US. I feel zero attachment to this country. :p

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Yep, no problem, even though I love my family very much, I'm assuming the person that I would move for would be an entirely different kind of love. Like the love I have for my wife...

Inkara1

My answer mostly depends on whether an affordable long-distance plan exists in the country I would be moving to.

Oz

tonks said:
QUESTION #1

Yup........I've gone walkabouts for a coupla years at a time before (admittedly, only in my own country) and although I missed friends and family.....it was cool. Being deeply in love with someone would be a bonus! :swing:

tonksy

QUESTION #2
Do you believe in ghosys or evil spirits? Would you be willing to spend a night alone in a remote house that is supposedly haunted?

i do believe...although i have never had any sightings myself..my mother has and i believe she believes what she saw. i think i might be willing to stay in a 'haunted' house....depending on the level of the haunt...i mean, if we are talking poltergeist you can forget it....that movie creeped me out...but living side by side with regular old chain rattling ghosts would not bother me...i wouldn't think.

PT

I believe. I haven't seen any personally, but I think I've heard them. I wouldn't have any problem spending the night in a haunted house though either, I think it would be fun.

Ms Ann Thrope

QUESTION #2
Do you believe in ghosys or evil spirits? Would you be willing to spend a night alone in a remote house that is supposedly haunted?

Nope, don't believe in them. And I'd like to LIVE in a remote house....supposedly haunted is meaningless to me. :D

I've had unexplained experiences, but don't honestly think they had anything to do with ghosts. Coincidences, race memory, or maybe just tapping into the 3/4 of my brain I don't normally use. :retard3:

MrBishop

I'd love to buy a 'haunted house', renovate and repaint the run-down place and sell it for 3-5 times it's cost to me. Legends and abandoned houses don't scare me, they fill me with an urge to renovate. I've seen gorgeous 100 year old homes sit empty for year after year without any lookers. If I had the cash, I'd buy them all. I've looked through the broken windows of abandoned property and onto dirtry hard-wood floors, stained oak banisters, finished mahogany kitchens with old newspapers and empty boxes inside and littering the floors. It breaks my heart when I see a place abandoned that only a few decades ago might have been filled with love and smiling faces. Now THAT's a haunting thought!

tonksy

MrBishop said:
I'd love to buy a 'haunted house', renovate and repaint the run-down place and sell it for 3-5 times it's cost to me. Legends and abandoned houses don't scare me, they fill me with an urge to renovate. I've seen gorgeous 100 year old homes sit empty for year after year without any lookers. If I had the cash, I'd buy them all. I've looked through the broken windows of abandoned property and onto dirtry hard-wood floors, stained oak banisters, finished mahogany kitchens with old newspapers and empty boxes inside and littering the floors. It breaks my heart when I see a place abandoned that only a few decades ago might have been filled with love and smiling faces. Now THAT's a haunting thought!
i've watched too many episodes of this old house....can i help?

PT

Doors opening, doors closing, sometimes it's just a feeling that something is there.

MrBishop

tonks said:
i've watched too many episodes of this old house....can i help?
I've heard of the show...no cable though, so never really seen it. I like to renovate...I hate seeing what people do to their homes sometimes, or their furniture sometimes.

Found a dresser at a garage sale for $5.00 Took it home, stripped it of the 5 layers of white/pink/white/blue/white paint, stripped off the old varnish, stained it and revarnished. Here's a pic of after! It's my kid's changing table...don't mind the Animal handles :)
attachment.php

tonksy

that's awesome, bish! this old house is a renovation show that was primarily hosted by bob villa, whom i do not like, but it also had norm in it....i never remember normy's last name but he also does/did the new yankee workshop and i adore him...also there was a terrific show that used to be on pbs called the furnture guys.....that show is terrif. 2 crazy guys renovating old pieces of furniture...lotsa great ideas and lotsa humor....i love to do stuff like that myself.

chcr

Too cute for words
QUESTION #2

Part one: No
Part two: Why not?

Oz

Dunno about ghosts.....I've had some pretty funky hullucinations on while imbibing various chemicals.........so the spooks could all be tricks of the minds (chemical imbalance and wotnot). however I do know some very steady folks who have facinatin' "real" ghost stories....can't claim to have seen one meself tho'.

lol......yer lookin' at the fella who thinks nowt of camping alone in forests after watchin' the Blair Witch Project.....a haunted house would be a luxury! :D

tonksy

okay..okay...i know i didn't wait very long but this next ones a dilly!

QUESTION # 3
if you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? why haven't you told them yet?

wow...you know, i think i would feel the most bummed about the daily crap...phone bills due - don't forget to pay it...girl's dr's appts on tuesday- don't plan any stupid death services or whatever for then...oh, i'm an organ donor, remember? stuff like that....unless i had something eating at me that i could help resolve by speaking up...other than that i would take my secrets to the grave...i mean, i should confess my feelings to people or something? why? what would that do? serve to make the other party uncomfortable...can you imagine? i love you - croaks....i hate you - croaks....what good could that possibly do? why haven't i told these people these things? ummmm....well..i've told my girls i love them and my mom...i tell my husband i love him..i do..like a friend..and i tell him that too...other than that love is a strong word...sure i may have feeling for people but what kinda person goes around broadcasting that information? unwell people...or incredibly egotistical....nononono...while i am one to speak my mind and be upfront...i don't just spill those kinda beans...i haven't told people i dislike them because that's usually obvious and i don't feel the need to seek out those individuals to begin with.

chatty kathy

tonks said:
i was going through some books in a cupboard today and i came across the book of questions....thats the name of the book by gregory stock and that's what it is...a book of 200 thought provoking questions...i thought they sure would make for an interesting thread...so here is the deal...i'll post the first question and when it starts to fizzle i will post the second and so on and so on until we have done them all! whatcha think? i suppose i'll have to bite the bullet and be the first one to answer the questions....but i think i can handle it....

QUESTION #1

um....i come from a very disfunctional family and we are not the visiting type...i haven't seen my mom in well over 4 years....wouldn't matter much on that end...most of my friends are friends i made when i lived elsewhere or online so i already don't see them much....i have lived in a couple different countries in my life so that wouldn't bother me....i think that i would be terrified i'd made the wrong decision...you know, wind up in tibet with a total jerk....i'd have to be certain....but in the end i am completely whimsical and prolly would do it.....lord help me.
I did move far from my family and friends for my hubby....I miss my daughters, son, and mom so bad....it hurts ...I mean the real bad hurt....someday maybe will return there....Life goes on...I see them on Holidays and vacation breaks .