the book of questions

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I really like being a man for the most part, I'd like to have the sex control that women have, but that's about the only benefit that I really see, aside from being the one that has the children, but that alone is a mixed blessing.

Rose

tonks said:
QUESTION #10
What sex do you think has it easier in our culture? have you ever wished you were a member of the opposite sex?

See, why do they not use the term "gender"? :confused:

Anyway, it's a tough call on which gender has it easier in our culture (america on my part). At least in America most of the time men and women are about equal. Though undoubtedly both genders have certain influence over situations. What am I saying? I think for the most part it is about as easy for either gender in this culture to survive (get by, make it, has it ...).

Now, if the culture was from say ... a middle eastern country, I'd think that the male gender definately has the easier time. Perhaps in other cultures the line would be pointed more towards females.

As for whether or not I'm happy? I wouldn't be a guy if my life depended on it. I enjoy being a girl very much - from the certain influences we have to having smoother skin and less hair. :nod:

Bungi

Much as I'd like it to be equal, I really do think men have it easier... Being a woman for a while could be fun i guess...

tonksy

QUESTION #11
You are given the power to kill people simply by thinking of their deaths and twice repeating the word "good-bye" People would die a natural death and no one would suspect you. Are there any situations in which you would use this power?
i would decline this power if possible, because i know i would use it more than i would be comfortable...forget my fries? goodbye, goodbye...you didn't double bag? goodbye, goodbye....and that's awful, just awful...but i suppose that is human nature and it's a good thin we don't have these sort of abilities.

Oz

tonks said:
QUESTION #11
You are given the power to kill people simply by thinking of their deaths and twice repeating the word "good-bye" People would die a natural death and no one would suspect you. Are there any situations in which you would use this power?.

No Way.......I know far too many people who are hard of hearing. It would be a disaster!

Oz: I'm going now......goodbye.
Other: Eh?
Oz: I said GOODBYE..........Ooops

But no, I wouldn't use such a power....I've managed the last 30 yrs without needing to have anyone dead.......should manage the next 30 :swing:

Ms Ann Thrope

Soooo tempting..... not sure I would be able to keep myself from using it. Not on the poor slob cutting me off in traffic, but on clients and colleagues that have screwed me over the years. Prolly would wind up using it on myself, though, before any of the other people on that list.... :lol:

tonksy

ok so i skipped a bunch...you wanna know what they are buy the book...or go to your local pubglic library :)

QUESTION #17
Would you be willing to become extremely ugly physically if it meant you would live for 1,000 years at any physical age you choose?

hell no! first off, i don't know that i want to live that long...second...i don't want to be so ugly that i don't enjoy my days...you know? maybe i'm vain...

Rose

No. I wouldn't want to live that long and see those around me that I love leave the world - even if it meant watching so many new people enter the world. No.

And yeah, ugly would suck. I'm not hot by any means, but I do what I can.

tonksy

yeah right? ever see some ugly people and start thinkin' they wouldn't be so bad if they took a litle more off the top, or used some tweezers, got a little fashion savvy, or bathed? i mean i suppose some of them are doomed but you can at least try...not like i'm knocking them dead or anythinggggg but...i don't frighten people.

SexyBoo

tonks said:
QUESTION #17
Would you be willing to become extremely ugly physically if it meant you would live for 1,000 years at any physical age you choose?

Heck no! For one, I don't want to be any uglier than I already am - and secondly, my life has so much drama that I couldn't stand the thought of living 1,000 years like this. It would be utter hell.

Ms Ann Thrope

tonks said:
QUESTION #17

The issue isn't being ugly, since I don't think of myself as terribly attractive in the first place. It's the thought of 1000 fucking years! :eek13: It'll be hard enough getting through the 20 or so I have left. :nono:

Oz

tonks said:
QUESTION #17
Would you be willing to become extremely ugly physically if it meant you would live for 1,000 years at any physical age you choose?...

Well, I'm not exactly wot anyone would call handsome :eh: (but people don't run away screaming either, usually).

But if yer askin' if I'd become a hump backed, lepratic, hair lipped person for the chance to live a thousand years........no. Although I might do it for £1,000 ;)

Then again........ask me when I'm on me deathbed.......I might change me mind....

Rose

tonks said:
yeah right? ever see some ugly people and start thinkin' they wouldn't be so bad if they took a litle more off the top, or used some tweezers, got a little fashion savvy, or bathed? i mean i suppose some of them are doomed but you can at least try...not like i'm knocking them dead or anythinggggg but...i don't frighten people.

Exactly.

Starya

QUESTION #1
For a person that you deeply loved, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your family and friends again?
Never see Mamma and Pappa again? :crying4: I can't really see myself doing that, no.

QUESTION #2
Do you believe in ghosys or evil spirits? Would you be willing to spend a night alone in a remote house that is supposedly haunted?
Well, I haven't really decided on this one yet. But I'm inclined to pass on the sleepover..
Also, I have lived fairly isolated (not counting to whacky neighbours) and don't feel a need to do it again. Not until I get a license anyways. :swing:

QUESTION # 3
if you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? why haven't you told them yet?
I really can't think of anything specific.

QUESTION #4
If you could spend one year in perfect happiness but afterward would remember nothing of the experience, would you do so or not? why or why not? Which is more important: actual experiences or the memories that remain when the experiences are over?
Hmm. first I was gonna answer: "Well, why not do it. As long as there wasn't a price to pay as in getting two miserable years afterwards, I see no harm in it. Memories are important, but in this case would it matter? If I have the perfect year, I won't remember it. If I don't have it, I will still have no recollection of it.. "

But then I realized.. If I didn't choose the perfect year, I still might get to have some wonderful experiences. And I suppose I would rather have the memory of some happiness, than not being able to remember a year of perfect happiness.

QUESTION #5
If a new medicine were developed that would cure arthritis but caused a fatal reaction in 1 percent of those who took it, woul you want it to be released to the public?
yes, with a disclaimer.
No I would not. That is, maybe doctors could prescribe it to the most serious cases, where the disease was making life so untolerable it was worth the risk.

QUESTION #6
You discover your wonderful one year old child is, because of a mishap at the hospital, not yours....would you want to exchange the child to try and correct the mistake?
Worst one so far..
Well, I would certainly want to meet the other family first, so we could try to get to know each other. In a perfect world we could exchange, and still stay close and connected to the other child. In the real world.. Yes, I think I would want to exchange the children, as painful as it would be.

QUESTION #7
Do you think the world will be a better or a worse place 100 years from now?
For some it will be, for some it won't.. Hope my grandchildren are in the first cathegory.

QUESTION #10
What sex do you think has it easier in our culture?

Depends on the situation. But I don't mind terribly being a gal. :D
have you ever wished you were a member of the opposite sex?
Yup, but I quickly got over it!

QUESTION #11
You are given the power to kill people simply by thinking of their deaths and twice repeating the word "good-bye" People would die a natural death and no one would suspect you. Are there any situations in which you would use this power?
Oh Shit! That could get dangerous. As much as I would never want to use such a power, just having it would probably make me on edge, afraid of thinking of someones death. And, when one is determined not to think of something.. you definately will. And how easy it would be, just to let the two good byes slip out. Damn.

But to answer the question: I would try hard not fall into temptation, even over the most evil bastard on earth. Because, when used once, it is easy to just want to do it once more.. And just once more...

QUESTION #17
Look worse than now? Oh, the pain..