The Final Word On Walmart!

tonksy

Henry Rollins is a pompous ass but that is probably one of the most amusing things I have heard by him.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Rollins I can take or leave.

WalMart I abhor.

The not so subtle agenda in that piece, particularly a select staement in the final 20 seconds or so, is unnecessary and biased, and rendered what valid points he managed to make useless IMO.

I don't particularly want or need social commentary from a past his prime punk rocker. If I did, I'd care more about what Johnny Rotten thinks. But I don't care what Johnny Rotten thinks, so...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Nope. But I learned something from it. I learned that Henry Rollins, for all his posturing and grandstanding, is as for sale as anyone else.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Honestly, a little. The world has always had and will always have a few renegades in it. He always struck me as one or damn close.

BlurOfSerenity

i looooooove henry rollins. he is such a neato guy. he makes me cry sometimes. in the good way.

"whatareyoudoingwhatareyoudoing whatareyoudoingwhatareyoudoingwhatareyouding!!!"

2minkey

bootlicker
i saw rollins live a few years ago. all he talked about was beatin' off and the war. but it was mildly amusing.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Wal Mart is what is good about America. It allows lower income people to participate in the consurmerism that drives America. They can get more, for less.

Don't like it, don't shop there (ala Mr Proud)

2minkey

bootlicker
Wal Mart is what is good about America. It allows lower income people to participate in the consurmerism that drives America. They can get more, for less.

Don't like it, don't shop there (ala Mr Proud)

walmart is what is good about america? if you're into shit for cheap, that's fine. i used to buy target ammo there. but there isn't much else there of interest. but, then, you prolly think velveeta is cheese, tang is orange juice, and pressboard furniture is cool. so maybe it floats your boat. and that's fine...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Perhaps, your Highness, all should bow at your leisure & go without? You make some really stupid assumptions for a smart guy.

2minkey

bootlicker
Perhaps, your Highness, all should bow at your leisure & go without? You make some really stupid assumptions for a smart guy.
T

okay. i'll spring for the kneepads. you sure do have a pretty smile.

no, obviously no one should "go without" but i wonder would folks be better off buying higher quality food for their kids rather than the latest HDTV gizmo? now, it's not my place to tell them what to do... but it's certainly within my rights to observe, comment, and choose to live in a different way.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Go to Kroger & spend $100. on "higher quality foods".

Go to Wallyworld & buy the same stuff. Oh, look, enough left over to buy a kiddie pool.

Hmmm, why is the $698. TV at Schmoes Discount Audio Video $198. more than at WalMart?

They give those who can't/didn't earn a pHD (and the attached salary increase) an opportunity to have a little more.

Again, Don't like it, don't go there.

2minkey

bootlicker
Go to Kroger & spend $100. on "higher quality foods".

Go to Wallyworld & buy the same stuff. Oh, look, enough left over to buy a kiddie pool.

Hmmm, why is the $698. TV at Schmoes Discount Audio Video $198. more than at WalMart?

They give those who can't/didn't earn a pHD (and the attached salary increase) an opportunity to have a little more.

Again, Don't like it, don't go there.

dude i was shit poor and working my ass off for a while earning that sheepskin, so don't penalize me for enjoying the fruits of my labor. unless you is some kinda commie that don't believe in 'merica.

right. i'm not interested in the stuff at walmart. so i don't go there.

i'm not interested in the stuff at kroger, either. so i don't go there.

i buy some expensive shit because i've earned that ability.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I think it's outstanding that you've earned yourself a promotion. Hell, spend (and earn) away. Join the top 1% of taxpayers. We need more in that bracket.

Just don't knock the peons for not being able to afford the good stuff.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
FTR...I do price shop at Wallyworld....they frequently have better prices but they are low on my first stop list. too many peons.

markjs

Banned
Jody works there, and we shop there sometimes. We don't hate the place at all (nor do we particularly love it), but we both thought the cartoon was hilarious, is that a crime? She actually likes working there with a few exceptions (rotten scheduling more than anything). Generally things aren't funny if there isn't a lot of truth to it.