The Flying Imams

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If they were running a "test run" they'd have started with perfectly normal behavior and worked their way up until someone noticed, don't you think?

There have been previous problems. This wasn't trip one.

They deliberately provoked a reaction

I haven't had time to look & verify this but I've heard that they had one way tickets & no baggage. Then they all ask for seatbelt extensions & start praying in unison.

Either a lawsuit in waiting or one step in sensitivity training, al qaeda 101.

Cerise

If a group of Westboro Baptist jerk-offs behaved in a similar fashion I suspect they'd have received a similar reaction.

Fred Phelps is a freak, but he hasn't steered a plane into a building nor cut off any heads lately.

http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi
Witnesses said the imams stood to do their evening prayers in the terminal before boarding, chanting "Allah, Allah, Allah" -- coincidentally, the last words heard by hundreds of airline passengers on 9/11 before they died.

But I do agree with you---it was done to provoke a reaction---they couldn't be so arrogant to believe that it wouldn't.

MrBishop

I'm curious...how in blazes does Ann Coulter know what the last thing the passengers heard before hitting the building was?

Witnesses said the imams stood to do their evening prayers in the terminal before boarding, chanting "Allah, Allah, Allah"

So...the passengers realized that these guys were praying? AND that this is were evening prayers BUT didn't realize that the chanting is part of the process? Idiot-savants, the lot of'em

chcr

Too cute for words
Fred Phelps is a freak, but he hasn't steered a plane into a building (snip)
Neither had these guys. Neither had the 9/11 guys until they did. Totally unrelated to the point however.

I'm curious...how in blazes does Ann Coulter know what the last thing the passengers heard before hitting the building was?

Witnesses said the imams stood to do their evening prayers in the terminal before boarding, chanting "Allah, Allah, Allah"

So...the passengers realized that these guys were praying? AND that this is were evening prayers BUT didn't realize that the chanting is part of the process? Idiot-savants, the lot of'em
Umm... go look up "idiot-savant" Bish. I can't see how it applies. In any case, why would you expect the witnesses to understand a muslim prayer or even how muslims pray. "When in Rome..."

Oh, and Ann Coulter is an imbecile.

Then you get on the fucking plane with them.
Exactly.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Neither had the 9/11 guys until they did.

That is far from absolute. However, people of like minds have driven planes into buildings & detached heads. Baptists, as a group, aren't know for their sawing skills.

spike

Baptists can be pretty violent.

I think we should remove anyone that prays from airplanes. Last thing I need is to be stuck next to some "born-again" idiot.

chcr

Too cute for words
I could go for that. Too bad we have a 1st amendment, huh.

Which evidently only applies to non-muslim denominations. :rolleyes:
This issue has nothing whatever to do with the first amendment. These clowns were being deliberately provocative. As are the Westboro people. Do you get it yet?

Once again, whatever.

Cerise

Transcripts. The prayers start at 09:33:34 continue at 09:45:57 again at 9:58:33 and :44, at 09:59:42 at 10:00:22 at 10:00:59 and at 10:03:02 through the last transmission at 10:03:09.

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer...War/September_11/Flight_93/transcripts/A.html
In the name of Allah. In the name of Allah. I bear witness that there is no other God, but Allah.

MrBishop said:

The passengers realized that a radical faction known as Islamic terrorists pray to Allah before they participate in Jihad.

Cerise

Baptists can be pretty violent.

I think we should remove anyone that prays from airplanes. Last thing I need is to be stuck next to some "born-again" idiot.

The captain of the plane decides who flies and who doesn't. He's responsible for the safety of the other passengers. He can't prevent someone from flying because of their religion, but he may do so based on their behavior. If people start acting up on a plane, be it praying, getting drunk or getting loud they get the boot.

"Because they must be"
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/07/04/el.al.security/
http://www.littlerotors.com/articles/israel-011105/index.aspx