The most important thing poll

Relationship poll

• Total voters

tank girl

With Valentines coming up and all that I thought I'd do a poll or two on love and all that stuff.
:heartred:
:love: (yes, even tank girl can fall in love) :love:

Just what it is exactly that you (whether you're single or attatched) look for, and think is the most important aspect in a meaningful relationship?

:note: I made this public in order to see if and whether there was any difference between male and female opinions -

I understand that all this is important - am interested in what people place above all else.

freako104

tank girl said:
With Valentines coming up and all that I thought I'd do a poll or two on love and all that stuff.
:heartred:
:love: (yes, even tank girl can fall in love) :love:

Just what it is exactly that you (whether you're single or attatched) look for, and think is the most important aspect in a relationship?

a beautiful girl I can relate with, trust, and is kinky. I would want something long term too. the most important aspect is communication or trust. Trust I think wins out just by a bit

Camelyn

k well freako did it so... :)

Honesty, mutual trust, the ability to communicate and understand each other.

tank girl

Camelyn said:
Honesty
(do we only get to say one? :()

:lol:, yup hard I know. Thats because us girls would probably come up with a great long list of things :p I know I would.

Just put the three most important then ;)

tank girl

With me it would have to be mutual values goals and interests, and one of those values would be reciprocity and comprimise :D Those are the ingredients for a great friendship : which Imo is the basis for a lasting relationship.

Physical attraction is important for the interest-factor but then I don't rate it as highly as having mutual interests etc. simply because it doesn't last and there are plenty of good-looking people out there who are (nicely put) - pathetic excuses for human beings :shrug: though the few good ones are obviously keepers!

honesty and respect are givens, I would think - and with respect comes fidelity.

MrBishop

Physical beauty fades :( Even mine :D

I prefer mutual values, goals and interests...but not exactly the same VGI's. That'd be like marrying yourself... complimentary VGI's would be best.

Conversation is my #2 mostly because I think that it's as important to be able to talk with your partner as it is to be able to say nothing at all, and still be happy.

Friendship - isn't this part and parcel of MVI's and converation?

Spontineity as one of my MVI's :shrug:

Compromise is my #3

HomeLAN

Not conversation. Communication. Big difference. If I want conversation, I can get all I want at a lot of places. If I can't get true communication with my partner, we're done for.

BeardofPants

Friendship. :love: Communication, etc are very important. I love that after 11 years, me and sig other still like nothing more than talking to each other. At night, we'll be more likely to yap about crap than watch tv. :D

tank girl

BeardofPants said:
Friendship. :love: Communication, etc are very important. I love that after 11 years, me and sig other still like nothing more than talking to each other. At night, we'll be more likely to yap about crap than watch tv. :D

awwww :)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Leslie said:
Fidelity.

That comes after the promise.

Friendship. With that most of the other important aspects are covered. Without it, there is no love, only lust & power.

abooja

I couldn't decide on any one thing, so I chose 'Other'. That would include friendship, trust and lust (more important than most people think).