The most important thing poll

Relationship poll

• Total voters

tonksy

but where do these qualities start to encompass themselves. for example...trust is part of friendship, as is communication...and i, for one, cannot lust after someone i am not at least remotely friendly with.

abooja

Gonz said:
Lust...pure, unadulterated sex for the sake of sex.
And an essential ingredient to any healthy, adult relationship. One shouldn't be based on lust alone, but without any trace of it, a relationship is doomed.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Relationship? Hell, no. Lust for lusts sake. Similar actions are necessary in relationships I suppose but...*fondly recalls innumerable liasons with unknown names in unknown towns...musicians are soooooo lucky*

abooja

Gonz said:
Relationship? Hell, no. Lust for lusts sake. Similar actions are necessary in relationships I suppose but...*fondly recalls innumerable liasons with unknown names in unknown towns...musicians are soooooo lucky*
Oh, okay. So we're on the same page. :toast:

(Except for the part about innumerable liaisons with unknown names in unknown towns. I was a good girl for most of my life. :p)

tank girl

Gonz said:
Friendship. With that most of the other important aspects are covered. Without it, there is no love, only lust & power.

OH DITTO! :D I agree with you Gonz.... I agree, I agree.

Scared now? :devious:

IDLEchild

FUN....everything else comes next. If I am not enjoying myself then I am not investing myself.

I thought I knew what I wanted but every amazing girl I met changed that.

Now I look for someone who doesn't bore or annoy me.

Inkara1

I need to have a compatible sense of humor. You didn't think my jokes were any better in person than online, did you? :D

Thulsa Doom

Someone who suits my faults. And vice virsa... THATS the key to long term relationships people. None of this silly fluff.

Im pathologically stubborn. I need someone who automatically has no issue with being bigger then me and giving in when Im being a ridiculous hard ass. In fact it feels natural to them.Thats what Im talkin bout...

chcr

Too cute for words
I'm with Gato here. If both of you don't have the ability to compromise, none of the other stuff means anything.

ClaireBear

Banned
I guess I'm in the "other" category...

For me acceptance is the most important... its stronger than recprocity and compomise... its knowing about past transgresions and not judging. With that trust and respect and all that jazz can be included... :shrug:

Acceptance and I guess forgiveness is so important to me I generally saturation bomb my partner with all my failings, faults and mistakes within the first few weeks... if they can't handle how f**ked up I am I'd rather they walk right then and now before feelings and emotions make it more difficult down the line.

Followed by friendship... then joint third would be sexual compatability and sense of humour

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Many things go into it, but in my experience having mutual goals, values, and ideas are a cornerstone. Obviously, trust, caring, and other aspects are key as well, but unless two people can work toward a shared vision together, the rest usually bogs down somewhere along the line.

Da booty don't hurt none either though... :love3: :ihi: :hump: :heartred: