The penultimate in Southern cuisine

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
My damn ol China made _______________ I got a Sam's club a couple
of years ago, ain't been worth spit.

More accurate way to put it. WalMart/Sam's is the single biggest ripoff going, and like sheep people line up around the corner and beg them to please take all our money.

Not I.

If ever anyone desperately needs me for something at any point in the future, I can't tell you where to start looking for me, but I can tell you where not to look. It don't matter what, I won't be at the WalMart. Guarantee.

Professur

I nearly bought a smoker a few weeks back, but couldn't justify the expense. Our outdoor cooking season just isn't long enough to make it worth while.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I nearly bought a smoker a few weeks back, but couldn't justify the expense. Our outdoor cooking season just isn't long enough to make it worth while.

If you've got a neighbor who has one, see if you can borrow it, and check it out. You can use just about any nut or fruit woods, but stay away from pine. If we had any maple trees here, I'd try a bit of that wood, but I have no idea what that will do to the flavor of the meat, or if it will coat the smoker with any residual sap. :shrug:

Professur

dude ... this is the GWN. Noone spends hours cooking outside here. Try that and you'll be lucky if the wildlife doesn't take up permanent residence.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The Indiana State Fair has begun. This year, it features Deep Fried Pepsi.