The press is starting to wake up and grow some balls

catocom

wow, it took um long enough to come up with a counter attack.
why, oh why would that be? My guess is they are slow, and had to actually
think some to come up with something that at least some people would believe.

spike

Counter attack? They just set the record straight. Too bad all these people fell for Fox's line in the meantime.

Winky

Just as long as they keep falling for it and maintain that
5 to one market share it's all good in the hood.

ResearchMonkey

Counter attack? They just set the record straight. Too bad all these people fell for Fox's line in the meantime.

Saturday, October 24, 2009 | FOX News
Fox News Refutes Reports That 'Pay Czar' Interview Never Was Requested

The Treasury Department on Thursday tried to make "pay czar" Kenneth Feinberg available for interviews to every member of the network pool except Fox News before relenting under pressure

A Fox News executive refuted on Saturday reports that the White House didn't make the administration's "pay czar" available for an interview because the network didn't ask.

"Of course we requested the interview," Fox News Senior Vice President Michael Clemente said, responding to reports citing the White House as claiming it had excluded Fox News from a series of interviews Thursday with Kenneth Feinberg set up through the five-network TV pool.

Clemente also said that the White House had acknowledged that an employee at the Treasury Department made a mistake in initially excluding Fox.

The pool is the five-network rotation that for decades has shared the costs and duties of daily coverage of the presidency and other Washington institutions. The Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV networks consulted and decided that none of their reporters would interview Feinberg unless Fox News was included. The pool informed Treasury that Fox News, as a member of the network pool, could not be excluded from such interviews under the rules of the pool.

The administration relented, making Feinberg available for all five pool members and Bloomberg TV.

The pushback came after White House senior adviser David Axelrod told ABC News' "This Week" on Sunday that Fox News is not a real news organization and other news networks "ought not to treat them that way."

Media analysts cheered the decision to boycott the Feinberg interview unless Fox News was included, saying the administration's gambit was taking its feud with Fox News too far. President Obama has already declined to go on "Fox News Sunday," even while appearing on the other Sunday shows.

"I'm really cheered by the other members saying "No, if Fox can't be part of it, we won't be part of it,'" said Baltimore Sun TV critic David Zurawik, calling the move to limit Feinberg's availability "outrageous."

"What it's really about to me is the Executive Branch of the government trying to tell the press how it should behave. I mean, this democracy -- we know this -- only works with a free and unfettered press to provide information," he said.

Several top White House advisers have appeared on other news channels to criticize Fox News' coverage of the administration, dismiss the network as the mouthpiece of the Republican Party and urge other news organizations not to treat Fox News as a legitimate news network.

On Wednesday, Obama, speaking publicly for the first time about his administration's portrayal of Fox News as illegitimate, said he's not "losing sleep" over the controversy.

"I think that what our advisers simply said is, is that we are going to take media as it comes," Obama said when asked about his advisers targeting the network openly. "And if media is operating, basically, as a talk radio format, then that's one thing. And if it's operating as a news outlet, then that's another. But it's not something I'm losing a lot of sleep over."
:hump:

I think the White house enemy list is going to get him into trouble.

Squashing criticism -vs- ink by the barrel.

ResearchMonkey

obamaapprovalindexoctob.jpg

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I have decided to be like a loyal fox news watcher, so I am not going to believe a mistake was made, even though there is proof.

Hey, that makes me like an OTC poster too!!!

Winky

What number does it have to reach before he can be stopped?
No wait that's right, no matter how much we don't want
'hope and change' we are gonna get it anyway.

jimpeel

When I stated that the press is starting to wake up I meant that they are starting to realize that they, too, could end up on the WH enemies list. Now, the critics are starting to come out publicly and I think we will all see this pissing match end fairly soon as Obama's advisers start telling him that this is the wrong tact to take with the media.

Media analysts cheered the decision to boycott the Feinberg interview unless Fox News was included, saying the administration's gambit was taking its feud with Fox News too far. President Obama has already declined to go on "Fox News Sunday," even while appearing on the other Sunday shows.

"I'm really cheered by the other members saying "No, if Fox can't be part of it, we won't be part of it,'" said Baltimore Sun TV critic David Zurawik, calling the move to limit Feinberg's availability "outrageous."

"What it's really about to me is the Executive Branch of the government trying to tell the press how it should behave. I mean, this democracy -- we know this -- only works with a free and unfettered press to provide information," he said.

spike

When I stated that the press is starting to wake up I meant that they are starting to realize that they, too, could end up on the WH enemies list.

Except he really doesn't have an enemies list.

Now, the critics are starting to come out publicly

Holy shit! Public critics you say!!! That's a first in presidential history.

Keep up the fear mongering Jim.

Winky

Fear not Prince Valiant!

Once the deathcare bill championed by our first woman President
Billary failed, it was all downhill for the Clintons. Ending in impeachment.
This time with the Dems in complete control, when it fails it won't be
the death blow, the absolute crash of the economy that looms just ahead
will be the coup de grâce for all the Dems. There won't be a Demorat President
nor a Demonrat majority in Congress or the Senate for 40 years!

spike

Re: Fear not Prince Valiant!

Once the deathcare bill championed by our first woman President
Billary failed, it was all downhill for the Clintons. Ending in impeachment.

Actually Clinton ended his term with higher approval ratings than he started with. He was up in the 60+% area.

info-presapp0605-all.gif

This time with the Dems in complete control, when it fails it won't be
the death blow, the absolute crash of the economy that looms just ahead
will be the coup de grâce for all the Dems.

In reality Bush did so much damage to his party that there won't likely be another republican president or majority in congress for 40 years.