The Racism of "Diversity"

Ardsgaine

You missed this...

Ardsgaine said:
You were defending the idea that racial diversity at universities leads to a diversity of viewpoints, weren't you?
Or did your first post had nothing to do with the article I posted? Or would you say that you began by equating race and culture and only backed off of that when I called it into question? It took a couple of posts for me to realize the error of equating race and culture. I started out just using the same terms that you were using. Since we were both supposed to be talking about the article, I assumed that we were ulitmately talking about race.

and this....

Ardsgaine said:
Before we move on to talking about cultures, are you agreeing that race doesn't determine a person's viewpoint? Would you agree that people of the same race can come from a wide variety of different cultures even though they live in the same country?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
flavio said:
I think it should be obvious that you stand a much better chance of gathering a variety of viewpoints by getting them from different cultures. Furthermore I don't see the downside.

Check your own signature. Then make up your mind.

MrBishop

SnP...not to say that you're going a bit far to prove a point but... his post was 3 years ago!

MrBishop

:rofl: or any politician for that matter. :)

I just figured that you'd hadn't checked the expiry date on the last post. :D

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I got tipped to it by an anonymous spider. Once I retrieved the tongue I swallowed, I couldn't help myself. I'm only flesh and bone ya know.

MrBishop

People change over time as well... Ideology fades with time and experience.
"I'm only flesh and bone ya know."

Aren't we all.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
MrBishop said:
People change over time as well... Ideology fades with time and experience.
"I'm only flesh and bone ya know."

Aren't we all.

So acceptance of different cultures was a good idea three years ago, but isn't now.

See, it just gets better and better and better the more ya try to defend it.

MrBishop

SouthernN'Proud said:
So acceptance of different cultures was a good idea three years ago, but isn't now.

See, it just gets better and better and better the more ya try to defend it.
Not trying to defend it per se...just saying that you fished something posted 3 years ago, linked it with his current sig and used it to make a point. The point would've been more relevant if you'd found something that he's saying now.

In addition, I'm also saying that people change, as do their opinions and the way that they state them. Just look at Altron now as opposed to a few years ago. HUGE difference!

I'm not trying to be his White Knight. He can fight his own battles. Besides...I look better as a Black Bishop. :)

Winky

It would be better for these poor downtrodden widdle people
if it weren't for the fact that White Americans
are just plain better than everyone else?