The rulings have only begun

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
WOOHOO!!! Our gov't has gotten into the sex business. I do so love these stories.

District health officials, who every day confront the nation's highest incidence of AIDS, will soon install plain white condom dispensers in select government offices and begin distributing the contraceptives for free.

Just think...in a few months we'll be able to anything to anybody & it'll all be okay. [sings]Happy days are here aggain...[/sings]

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Hmm.... I guess if the White House had condom dispensers then Billy wouldn't have gotten in as big of trouble, or at least the dress could have been saved at least.

I really have to wonder about the intelligence behind this, dispensers in Government offices? Don't they screw around enough?

Ms Ann Thrope

I don't see anything wrong with having condom dispensers. :shrug:

STDs are a serious problem. My only issue with this is that birth control should be free and readily available to ANYONE who wants it, not just those visiting government offices in the DC area.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
There is nothing wrong with condom dispensers. It's just not the governments job to provide them.

Free birth control IS available to every single human being alive...it's some variation of the word NO!

Ms Ann Thrope

What about public health issues? I consider HIV and other STDs to belong in that category. Government vaccination programs have protected generations of children against smallpox and other diseases. What's wrong with free condoms? And yes, abstinence is the best route, but be realistic! Abstinence is NOT the method of choice among the high risk groups, and distributing condoms is certainly more cost effective than treatment for AIDS.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The government didn't pass out free immunizations to everyone. Just the welfare scum. The rest of us had to pay. Public health issues kick in when the problem is likely to kill & not caused by piss poor choices.

I am being very realistic. Too bad that nobody else has enough honor to teach their children (much less themselves) right from wrong. Abstinence worked when it was preached. Absitence NEVER produced an STD. Abstinence NEVER produced an unwanted child. Abstinence NEVER created an unwed mother. Abstinence NEVER created a welfare class unto itself.It works 100% of the time it's used, without fail.

As far as the high risk groups...let 'em die. Anybody who volunteers to do things that place them at risk has nobody to blame but themselves. Personal responsibility. I take miine seriously.

Ms Ann Thrope

Gonz said:
The government didn't pass out free immunizations to everyone. Just the welfare scum. The rest of us had to pay. Public health issues kick in when the problem is likely to kill & not caused by piss poor choices.

I am being very realistic. Too bad that nobody else has enough honor to teach their children (much less themselves) right from wrong. Abstinence worked when it was preached. Absitence NEVER produced an STD. Abstinence NEVER produced an unwanted child. Abstinence NEVER created an unwed mother. Abstinence NEVER created a welfare class unto itself.It works 100% of the time it's used, without fail.

As far as the high risk groups...let 'em die. Anybody who volunteers to do things that place them at risk has nobody to blame but themselves. Personal responsibility. I take miine seriously.

Gee... never realized I was welfare scum... I got free smallpox vaccinations as a child when I was in school. I have other friends who received free polio vaccinations, too. Thanks for the insight on our background, Gonz. ;)

STDs have always been around. The wealthy took care of themselves and the poor died. Young girls had unwanted pregnancies FREQUENTLY. Do you suppose 'bastard' was only recently introduced into the English language? They were sent away to quietly get rid of it if their parents could afford it, or they bore the child and the stigma for the rest of their lives.

High risk groups should die? This includes the poor and under-educated? Let's widen the definition then, and forget about taking care of ALL those less fortunate: the blind, the deaf, orphans (they're only carrying the DNA of worthless scum), the infirm, the elderly (they can't make real contributions anymore, can they?), anyone born with a birth defect.... I have an idea! Why don't we take a pro-active step and eliminate them? Why don't we breed a Master Race? :rofl:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I made it quite clear that personal choice was the criteria. Run junk...die. Like crack?...die. Unprotected sex with strangers in an era of AIDS...die. Those who aquire disease by no fault of their own (ie medical blood transfusions are in an entirely different position).

"Bastards" may have been around but not in these numbers...
In 1999, 22% of births to white women occurred outside of marriage, compared with 69% of births to black women and 42% of births to Hispanic women
Source

Look, the more likely one is to live in poverty the more likely one is to get pregnant out of wedlock. That, in & of itself, increases the odds for welfare dependence & poverty. That's not uneducated, it's stupid. It's also not "poor" because poor means lack of funds, not lack of morality. Make a choice & live with it. Don't ask (or demand) that the rest of us pay for it.

Ms Ann Thrope

I'm sorry, Gonz, but I don't believe these people are intentionally making the wrong choices. :nono: Many of them ARE uneducated, and don't know the resources that are available to them. Education is important, but that should go hand in hand with programs such as free condoms. Why assume only crack addicts and junkies will use these dispensers? My guess is that they won't be the heaviest users. It might be a 17 year old who's finally making the right decision and using birth control. Why not give them a resource to help them away from the single mother on welfare scenario? Abstinence is not realistic, although I agree that it should be taught by parents. How many of these kids have parents capable of instilling that sort of discipline in them? What kind of role models do you suppose they have at home? I'm in favor of abstinence, don't get me wrong. I just know that it's not a realistic expectation. :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I don't believe these people are intentionally making the wrong choices.

I believe we've found the error.

Every move made is intentional. Get up in the morning? Have coffee or water? Drive or walk? Each choice is intentionally made. No, most people don't get up one day & decide "hey, I'd like to participate in a crack whore fest for the next 13 years. Maybe my family will leave me. Maybe I can get HIV from sharing a needle with Bernie the fag. I really don't like smelling so nice & having a warm bed to sleep in. The dumpster behind Arby's looks real comfortable." Not likely, no. But they do it anyway. Little by little one line becomes an 8-ball & one rig becomes China White. All intentional.

An example-my brother is in jail (awaiting trial) for the third time (4th?) because he preferred speed over life. At 33 he's had at least one heart attack, in prison. He's scared but I can guarantee you & back it up with my life...if I bailed him out tomorrow he'd be eternally grateful. He's also be high before Janurary 1st. He's made a choice. So have I. Mine means it's safe to pick up the dropped soap. His means he'll be dead before he's 45. I pity my mother. I don't pity him or those who are like him. Cold? Yea, probably. I've been around people like that most of my life. I've seen the destruction. I've also seen them joke about the choices they make. Fuck 'em & all like 'em, They know what they're doing.

freako104

it should be taught as well as other contraceptives. but its not realistic since we are human beings and as such have drives. sex is one of those drives.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
freako104 said:
it should be taught as well as other contraceptives. but its not realistic since we are human beings and as such have drives. sex is one of those drives.

Yep. We also aren't capable of higher thought or controlling our actions. We are, after all, mere animals.

Ms Ann Thrope

I still don't believe only drug addicts and system abusers will be using these dispensers. In all likelihood they will be in the minority. They're on a self-destructive path already and are not going to seek out a safe and positive direction.

When I said I don't believe they were intentionally making the wrong choices, I implied that their decisions were made without all the information they should have had. By they, I'm not talking junkies. I'm talking about poor and uneducated people that are misinformed or misguided, that don't fully realize the consequences of their decisions. Obviously this is where sex education comes in, but it's not enough by itself. Sex education is not going to help someone who's no longer in school, or who's a recent immigrant (and let's say a legal immigrant do avoid an off-topic argument :D ).

Let's use ALL the tools at our disposal, Gonz. Education, and familial support when it's there, and yes... free condoms.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
FREE CONDOMS TO ALL!!!!! Ms Ann Thorpe is buying. :D

I doubt 10% of the users of the free condoms will be the HIGH risk. It'll be peons & lower management employee's who have a paycheck & an education. Let'em buy their own. Or better yet, let 'em say no. No risk involved there ;)

freako104

Gonz said:
Yep. We also aren't capable of higher thought or controlling our actions. We are, after all, mere animals.

thats a load of bullshit. we are capable of controlling it. but its better to be educated and safe. thats why i said to educate the people.