a stewaway

ok, let's look for someone else now

Raven

Annoying SOB
paul_valaru said:
stew is coming to canada for the BBQ, he'll be coming by boat

a stewaway

ok, let's look for someone else now

I is not coming by boat on account of the dolphins are too shiiiiinyyyyyy to break away from

So I am being insane and taking my first trip by plane as a long haul 11 hour flight with a xfer at Philly.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Raven said:
I is not coming by boat on account of the dolphins are too shiiiiinyyyyyy to break away from

So I am being insane and taking my first trip by plane as a long haul 11 hour flight with a xfer at Philly.

while your there, pick me up a cheese-steak

11 hours...ouch

Oz

Raven said:

11 hours :eek:

Raven, I hope yer not a smoker........you'll be ready to cough up a lung after 11 hours :alienhuh:

Raven

Annoying SOB
Nah fortunately not mate. I have also gone mad and picked a window seat....guess I'm hoping sensory overload will cause me to pass out for the 7 hour flight to Philadelphia. It's then 2 hours hanging around waiting for the 1 hour 40 min connecting flight to Dorval where I am to be picked up and collected.

tonksy

i'll be in a pick up truck for roughly 24 hours to attend...at least stewey can stand up if he chooses to....and why would i subject my self to such indignity you might ask? beer...lotsa beer...and the chance to do strange things with maple syrup...oops, i mean...um...to meet you lovely folks. :blush:

Inkara1

I just grabbed driving directions to Montreal on mapquest, and it told me it's 46 hours and 45 minutes for 2985.55 miles... and that's one way. That's averaging almost 64 miles an hour, which is a pretty good miles an hour average when you take into effect lunch stops and potty breaks... although if I were traveling by myself I could probably consolidate stops since I've got a good bladder, meaning I could probably only have to stop for gas, and pee and pick up a bite to eat at the same time. Of course, I'd probably have to stop at a motel at least once. I could lseep in the car one or two nights, but I would eventually need a shower and I wouldn't want that to be the first thing I'd have to do when I cross the border.

Of course, if I'm able to get my car to average 29 miles to the gallon, that's just less than 103 gallons. At the national average of (I believe) $1.77, that would cost $182.31 in gas alone, each way.

So I'd need to come up with at least a week of free time and $500-$600.

I think I might have to sit the BBQ out this year, folks. :(

tonksy

Inkara1 said:
I just grabbed driving directions to Montreal on mapquest, and it told me it's 46 hours and 45 minutes for 2985.55 miles... and that's one way. That's averaging almost 64 miles an hour, which is a pretty good miles an hour average when you take into effect lunch stops and potty breaks... although if I were traveling by myself I could probably consolidate stops since I've got a good bladder, meaning I could probably only have to stop for gas, and pee and pick up a bite to eat at the same time. Of course, I'd probably have to stop at a motel at least once. I could lseep in the car one or two nights, but I would eventually need a shower and I wouldn't want that to be the first thing I'd have to do when I cross the border.

Of course, if I'm able to get my car to average 29 miles to the gallon, that's just less than 103 gallons. At the national average of (I believe) $1.77, that would cost $182.31 in gas alone, each way.

So I'd need to come up with at least a week of free time and $500-$600.

I think I might have to sit the BBQ out this year, folks. :(
damn. that's too bad.

Stop Laughing

I wanna go, but I need to know when, preferrably a month in advance! Also, tell me about how many people, I wanna bring enough italian beef for everyone. :)

Raven

Annoying SOB
tonksy said:
i'll be in a pick up truck for roughly 24 hours to attend...at least stewey can stand up if he chooses to....and why would i subject my self to such indignity you might ask? beer...lotsa beer...and the chance to do strange things with maple syrup...oops, i mean...um...to meet you lovely folks. :blush:

True but thats just to get up to go to the bathroom. That and you don't get DVT in a truck.

tonksy

Raven said:
True but thats just to get up to go to the bathroom. That and you don't get DVT in a truck.
you also don't get an in-flight movie or a stewardess with her little drink trolley...and i can guarantee you i'll be without a complimentary bag of peanuts :p

either way, i'm real happy that we are headed to canada :)...just waiting on debish ;)

Raven

Annoying SOB
I'm going to try 'sleeping' someone once recommended I do that from time to time but it hasn't affected me none that me notice.....raven go eat now.... :tardbang:

MrBishop

Raven said:
I'm going to try 'sleeping' someone once recommended I do that from time to time but it hasn't affected me none that me notice.....raven go eat now.... :tardbang:

that's always fun to do and easier on a plane than in a moving car/truck. You can even register yourself for the mile-high club!

After recently come back from a long flight myself...frankly, I'd rather do twice the time in a car!! I did damn close to that... (11 hour flight from France to Montreal vs 16 hour drive from Paris to Barcelona).

I prefered the drive :)

Raven

Annoying SOB
Was it the same flight? ;)

mines:
Manchester - Philadelphia: 7 hours
Philaldelphia connecting period: 2 hours
Philadelphia - Dorval Airport: 1 hour 40 mins