The Stab a Soldier in the Back Act 2007

spike

One possibility is that Democrats are disappointed that their party has been unable to do anything substantive about the Iraq war

Yep, makes perfect sense with the results from the other polls.

Since the majority of the country favors congressional legislation that would require the withdrawal of troops from Iraq and that legislation hasn't come people are getting impatient.

It's on it's way though:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17723695/

Cerise

Yep, makes perfect sense with the results from the other polls.

Since the majority of the country favors congressional legislation that would require the withdrawal of troops from Iraq and that legislation hasn't come people are getting impatient.

Another possibility is the public is getting tired of this recent "investigate everything" mode the dems are in...

You don't find it hypocritical of the dems to say that they want to stop the funding for the war---and then try to pass this bill while adding pork barrel spending to it?

If the Democrats truly believe in what they say, why won't they put forth legislation that stands on its own, instead of being political cowards?

Because they know they would be cutting their own throats, that's why.

They have written 6 pieces of legislation that address their position, yet how many have been signed into law? Z-E-R-O

The dems are all talk and no show: they are political hacks. Their actions prove it.

By the way: Did you know the dem-controlled Congress' DISapproval rating is 7% HIGHER than the man you love to hate's?

spike

Another possibility is the public is getting tired of this recent "investigate everything" mode the dems are in...

Nope.

"Do you think it would be good for the country or bad for the country if the Democrats in Congress were able to conduct official investigations into what the Bush Administration has done in the past six years?

Good: 57% Bad:41%

http://pollingreport.com/bush.htm

You don't find it hypocritical of the dems to say that they want to stop the funding for the war---and then try to pass this bill while adding pork barrel spending to it?

You gotta look up the word hypocrisy.

If the Democrats truly believe in what they say, why won't they put forth legislation that stands on its own, instead of being political cowards?

You're calling the Dems political cowards? Now that is hypocrisy.

Bush's offer to grant a limited number of lawmakers private interviews with the aides with no transcript and without swearing them in.

That's a political coward.

They have written 6 pieces of legislation that address their position, yet how many have been signed into law? Z-E-R-O

Hence the disapproval. Americans want this war stopped and the troops home which I think you're finally starting to see. This new bill is looking promising.

By the way: Did you know the dem-controlled Congress' DISapproval rating is 7% HIGHER than the man you love to hate's?

Speaking of hypocrisy, how's that compare to the republican controlled congress before them :laugh:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Speaking as a person who has spent more time in the ME than anyone else on this board, I can only say this...keep politics out of this war. You've no idea how bad things get when people who have no real risk involved dictate what people whose lives are at stake do and then tell us we can't finish. This includes so-called 'Peace protesters', who have no real clue as to what they are protesting for or against.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
As long as he does what so many are unwilling to do, he may sit as high in that saddle as he needs.

spike

He can sit up there all he wants. Doesn't make him any less full of crap.

You've no idea how bad things get when people who have no real risk involved dictate what people whose lives are at stake do

Like the idiot who sent the troops there in the first place?

This includes so-called 'Peace protesters', who have no real clue as to what they are protesting for or against.

Sure they do.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Not to be too picky, but do you really call what GWB did in the airforce as 'serve' ?

Why yes, I do. He took the oath. What they did with him afterwards is up to the brass. He did learn to fly combat jets. That's more than 99.9% of the population.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
One simple non-identifying question & you won't, and previously haven't, answered it. I'm not asking for your SSA number.

spike

Your not asking for pertinent information either. And I believe I have answered it in another thread.

Now imagine if you answered half the questions I ask you.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
You've answered it? I musta missed it among the thousands of ramblings. Coudl you, please, answer it one more time here? That way I won't miss it.

I answer everything. Sometimes it's just not the cut & dry answer you want.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
You do dance well. Is that natural or were you taught at he Soros School of Dance?