SM_1.jpg

SM_2.jpg

SM_3.jpg

SM_4.jpg

SM_5.jpg

SM_6.jpg

Discuss...!

Dave

god created man in his own image. i am a man. i look like god.
what arrogance.

freako104

I tend to believe in evolution since it is what I was taught was right. Plus there has been some proof of it though it is still a theory. There are some facts to back it

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Discuss?

Um, Ok. It's some religous nuts last ditch effort to make us all fall to our knees and open our wallets for god. Woo hoo.

The whole story is based on the first frame in the second page. SOME evolutionists.

SOME people believe we were put here by aliens too. SOME people still think that blacks are less than whites. SOME people are freaks. SOME Catholic Priests fuck little boys.

chcr

Too cute for words
AlladinSane said:
I wonder if even Jews still believe in creationism today...

None I know personally anyway (admittedly not all that many).

Heck, most of the christians don't.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gotholic had his(?) say. You all disagree. Who is correct? Next, on Arguments of the Correct.

MrBishop

I've heard many of these arguments before...regarding the inacuracies of carbon dating etc... using a few select examples of errors in the scientific method has been used to try and discredit the whole method and hundreds of years of findings and fact. The point is... the theory keeps changing through examination and the discovery of more facts and better instruments, but one thing remains the same.

The earth is more than 4000 years old, mankind has been around longer than any estimate made through any amount of conjecture based on a single non-scientific source (the Bible). There is no scientific evidence of 'the flood', but there certainly is of the last ice age. There is no evidence of homo sapiens coming from two white people near Iraq (Adam and Eve), but plenty of evidence of them coming from Africa.
Plenty of evidence of mankind being around far before 2000BC... hell, even in England
10,000 BC
Lucy
etc etc...

Knocking one piece of evidence as inconclusive does not automatically make its polar-opposite more true. There is, and ever shall be His story (Scientific theorums re: evolution) Her Story (Creationism) and the TRUTH.

chcr

Too cute for words
Not to mention from Gotholic'x own church's leaders:

Pius XII said:
The Teaching Authority of the Church does not forbid that, in conformity with the present state of human sciences and sacred theology, research and discussions, on the part of men experiences in both fields, take place with regard to the doctrine of evolution, in as far as it inquires into the origin of the human body as coming from pre-existent and living matter—for the Catholic faith obliges us to hold that souls are immediately created by God.

In other words, the Pope could live with evolution, so long as the process of “ensouling” humans was left to God. (He also insisted on a role for Adam, whom he believed committed a sin— mysteriously passed along through the “doctrine of original sin”—that has affected all subsequent generations.) Pius XII cautioned, however, that he considered the jury still out on the question of evolution’s validity. It should not be accepted, without more evidence, “as though it were a certain proven doctrine.” (ROA, 81)

John Paul II said:
Today, almost half a century after publication of the encyclical, new knowledge has led to the recognition of the theory of evolution as more than a hypothesis. It is indeed remarkable that this theory has been progressively accepted by researchers, following a series of discoveries in various fields of knowledge. The convergence, neither sought nor fabricated, of the results of work that was conducted independently is in itself a significant argument in favor of the theory.

Evolution, a doctrine that Pius XII only acknowledged as an unfortunate possibility, John Paul accepts forty-six years later “as an effectively proven fact.” (ROA, 82)

Source

chcr

Too cute for words
freako104 said:
and I thought that the Church refused evolution. thats something interesting I learned

Some chuches do, freako. You don't think that christianity is all one church, do you? Hell, the folks around here don't even consider catholics or mormons to be christian at all. I always figured the vatican was still stinging from the whole Copernicus/Galileo business. :lol2: I've long wondered how so many other sects missed that lesson so completely.

freako104

no. I am aware of Christianity having many branches(some of which dont always get along. Some hate each other as is shown in Ireland). But in some cases they will agree and I had thought it was a definite stand that they were against evolution

chcr

Too cute for words
Freak, most of the scientists who study and expound evolution consider themselves "christian." Does that surprise you?

Lopan

Strange they didn't discuss the creation of the dinosaur in the Museum. Before gotholic bible bashes me with the "behemoth reference", that ain't a dinosaur reference. I think the bible would have gone into more detail if a 300 ton dinosaur was walking around.

I love the way those cartoons show the fundamentalist christians as the sane and rational ones. I wonder if the Aztecs agreed when the inquisition turned up.