machine shop
substance abuse
loading dock
grinding dentures + hep
disability
jesus
furniture in the front yard
lots of meds
some kind of weird intrigue about yer brother's wife or similar...

aluminum excruciation blocks?
you mean aluminum extrusion blocks, or are you into some weird kinky shit?

catocom

yeah, extrusion (spell checker went wild)

and about my bro ex, I have no Idea what you are referring to there. Absolutely nothing there. Yuck.
The rest, probably guilty used in context.

see the thing is though...when you say 'machine shop' you're talking about a whole other world.
Lots involved there.

2minkey

bootlicker
what does "lots involved there" mean?

it was a magical machine shop?

elves made dies for you?

you had nuke-powered ring screw machines?

and you are an engineer?

catocom

Lot's in part refers to....Computer programming, machine programming, engineering, cad/cam knowing
material makeups like metals and plastics, and how they used in certain applications.
Gears, and leverage....
and
no we didn't do screw machine, because there was a shop just down the street set up better for that.
We did have cnc lathes though. (I was more into the 6 axis machining center though)
and then to your last question...
I considered myself an engineer, and had guys with the 'papers' that consulted with me on inventions.

2minkey

bootlicker
you probably should have been called something more like "technician."

i'm sure you learned the job(s) and did well at them.

that being said there's a reason why engineering is counted among the professions. you may be a whiz at certain things but you did not earn that title. for you to call yourself that is disrespectful to those who did earn the right.

nurses can do lots of things doctors can. and some things they can't. but...

but at least this thread is now about something other than jim's petty wankery about mohammetans.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
So, doing the work but not having the piece of paper isn't as good as
having the piece of paper but not being able to do the work?

What a twisted place we live in.

(I agree with what you said, but the facts are skewed)

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah but he really can't do the work an engineer can do. he can't do something like design a structure that is going to be safe/stable under all likely conditions. he will never understand the physics behind that shit. he doesn't have the self discipline to learn what he would need to. and most don't. that's why engineers get paid decently, and denture grinders typically don't.

catocom

yeah but he really can't do the work an engineer can do. he can't do something like design a structure that is going to be safe/stable under all likely conditions. he will never understand the physics behind that shit. he doesn't have the self discipline to learn what he would need to. and most don't. that's why engineers get paid decently, and denture grinders typically don't.
There's all kinds of 'engineers'.
A 'structural engineer is but one kind.
I consider myself an engineer of certain type, because that's what a man who did have the papers(and experience) called me.
Never the less, I am also a technician. And do have that paperwork.
As far as pay scale goes....you are talking apples and oranges, especially depending on what part or the country you live in.

2minkey

bootlicker
oh really, there's different types of engineers?

i had no idea.

i guess all that time at the engineering school didn't learn me nothin' at all.