This joke will probably get me in huge trouble

Inkara1

THIS IS A JOKE, IF YOU FEEL YOU MIGHT BE OFFENDED THEN LEAVE THIS PAGE NOW - Luis G

Scroll down to read the joke

What's 18-21 inches long, stiff, and makes women scream at night?
Crib death.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yeah that is so not funny

Title warning or not...it shouldn't be posted

Inkara1

I can almost see a future for this thread in the RW forum with a nice debate about censorship and freedom of speech.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
can I? can I?

:lol: (not actually funny, but after searching some dictionaries the least i can do is laugh).

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
IT IS A JOKE!!!! A tasteless joke & nobody is forced to respond to it.

Just say NO to PC.

Inkara1

BeardofPants said:
Yeah, real fucking funny that crib death is. I'll be first in line to stand up and laugh if your progeny suffer from it. :rolleyes:

I always thought liberals were supposed to be champions of free speech.

BeardofPants

It may be just a joke, but did the twat stop to consider that maybe some of the members here might have suffered from having their children die in this manner?

BoP - PC and Proud of it. :swing:

BeardofPants

Inkara1 said:
I always thought liberals were supposed to be champions of free speech.

Don't look at me, I'm not a liberal. :shrug: And who said anything about gagging you? I'm just sayin' I'm going to be laughing if you ever manage to breed and produce progeny that suffer from crib death. :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
BeardofPants said:
It may be just a joke, but did the twat stop to consider that maybe some of the members here might have suffered from having their children die in this manner?

BoP - PC and Proud of it. :swing:

Somehow somewhere somebody will always be offended. So what. Life's a bitch then you marry one then you die. :shrug:

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Inkara1 said:
Response to karma left: yes, it did dawn on me; that's why I titled the joke as I did.

are we pretending I didn't sign it?

Its not about free speech, Ink. Its about insensitivity and offensivness.

BeardofPants

Gonz said:
Life's a bitch then you marry one then you die. :shrug:

So, you're saying it's okay for women to marry other women? Can I quote this on the gay threads? :p

What you say about offense is certainly true, but I would hope that in the case of crib death, or anything else which leaves VICTIMS, that people would have the good sense to not post something idiotic like this. Obviously not.

Inkara1

Squiggy said:
are we pretending I didn't sign it?

Its not about free speech, Ink. Its about insensitivity and offensivness.

I know you signed it, I replied as I did in case your posting that in a private manner meant you actually wanted to keep it private.

BoP, your name-calling does nothing more than make you look like a little kid who saw something she didn't like and has no idea how to respond to it in an adult manner.

Inkara1

I think it's worth mentioning that at the bulletin board I got this from, one of the members had his first sister die of SIDS when he was two, and he found humor in the joke.

Also, just because I found the joke funny doesn't mean I found the underlying subject funny. In the same vein, I tell crude ethnic jokes all the time, even though I don't have any problems with the groups I tell the jokes about. I don't find the holocaust funny, but I did find the joke about how many Jews you can fit in a Volkswagen funny. (FTR, the answer is: four in the seats and a million in the ashtray.)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
Also, just because I found the joke funny doesn't mean I found the underlying subject funny. In the same vein, I tell crude ethnic jokes all the time, even though I don't have any problems with the groups I tell the jokes about. I don't find the holocaust funny, but I did find the joke about how many Jews you can fit in a Volkswagen funny. (FTR, the answer is: four in the seats and a million in the ashtray.)

I couldn't have said it any better.

Gonz, I must say the "then you marry one" part was quite creative :D :D