To OTC Members

insiderhosting

Hello,
We apologize for the outage earlier as we had a runway script wreak havoc on the server that this account is hosted on. We tried to keep on logging into the server but it would take a very long time to respond, so we finally had to reboot it. Having said that, we don't appreciate having members of this forum posting helpdesk tickets on our site, nor posting messages on our forum about the outage. We have many clients on the same server that had helpdesk tickets in and you only slowdown the process for our real clients. Our forums are community forums for members to help one another, not to post server outage messages. You got that "Q".

-Steven

Q

*salutes* Got it :devious:
I only submitted a helpdesk ticket after the server had been down for 3 hours (that I knew about)

...guess I'll have to do a little more shopping for a webhost.

Q

Ya gotta wonder about that one, huh? :hmm:
I'm thinking we might not need a BB if we didn't have any members. :shrug:

Q

The members are the REASON Sammy has an account, if I'm not mistaken.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
HomeLAN said:
I think he was saying that the members aren't his real clients. Sam is.

I know Homey, I'm just hoping he's alot better at kissing Sammys ass than he is ours.

Q

Tal at IH is ALOT more pleasant. He sent a nice polite email to me.

PT

Q said:
Tal at IH is ALOT more pleasant. He sent a nice polite email to me.

That's good to hear, did you ask him what's up Steves butt?

Q

No, I'm just glad we didn't have to wait for Steve to get to work in order to get our server fixed. It's mighta been down till now....or even longer since we're not REAL clients :hmm:

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
Guys, Please knock it off. IH has been doing a great job. We cant help runaway scripts. As much as we would love to.
I sent a support ticket in as soon as i found out there was a problem. It took a little time but we were back up and running without any losses.
So please, stop the attack.
Thanks
Sam

insiderhosting

In case there was any confusion, real clients means real clients like Sam is, Q is not a client of ours and it greatly slows down a processs when you have people who aren't clients submitting tickets for sites.

The server was never down for three hours either, so please check the statistics again as we have the timeout reports. The server was down from 3:30 am PST to 6:00am PST. The server has never been down at all unless we did a kernel upgrade which in that case it needs to be rebooted. All of our servers have great uptime, but you cannot control a runaway process.

A server being down can be very frustrating to all parties involved, we are just asking that the members here don't submit helpdesk tickets to us. Can you imagine if members of every site on the server submitted tickets to us? The helpdesk is reserved for account holders only.

We understand that you guys are diehard OTC lovers, and we do our best to always ensure that this and every site are always online and load quickly. Please understand where we are coming from and we will be fine. Also that pinto comment was dually noted on our forum, which is another unnecessary thing, thanks "Q".

[edit to show downtime report]
-Steven

PT

Ok, now that's the kind of response that is warranted. Thank you, Steven.

Sammy, did you really think we'd let something like that slip by? Come on..:D

PT

So what do you call our server then? I know it's got a name, what is it?

Q

:swing: oh okaaaaaaaay

It was an upgrade from the moped tag I gave it a couple months ago though :trippin: