tonksy is really cool!

Oz

Thulsa Doom said:
I had an experience like that once where I was REALLY thirsty and thought it was a cup of water and it turned out to be gin. :sick4:

:confused: :confused:

You say that like it's a bad thing...... :confused:

I'd call it a bonus! :drink:

Ms Ann Thrope

Oz said:

Depends on the quality of gin, m'dear. If it were top shelf then it would be a happy surprise, however if it were cheap gin... :sick:

Oz

Ms Ann Thrope said:
Depends on the quality of gin, m'dear. If it were top shelf then it would be a happy surprise, however if it were cheap gin... :sick:

It doesn't hurt 'till the hangover ;)

tonksy

Ms Ann Thrope said:
:eek:

guess you're not a fan of martinis then.... :hmm:
here's what alcohol i drink: beer, red wine, tequila, horse's neck and apricot sours...both brandy....never really liked anything else...ooh...bourbon is good in eggnog...and coffee...and cookies.

Ms Ann Thrope

ok... lemme write that down.... got it :D

here's what I drink: everything but tequila (wish I could, but had 2 near death experiences with it so I reluctantly stay away from it now :crying4: ), lite beer, mass-produced beer, low grade spirits and wine, foofy cocktails :swing:

Thulsa Doom

Oz said:

Its that shock of getting a cup of alcohol when you were totally expecting a BIG gulp of cold clear water because yer parched. You may as well have been handed a cup of gasoline. It just sends your systems for loops.

And anyway I havent had gin since freshman year in college after a rather horrific experience i wont get into. so if i even SMELL it its like the equivalent of smelling bile for most people. and the person who handed me the drink knew that. it was all part of the joke.

tonksy

Thulsa Doom said:
if i even SMELL it its like the equivalent of smelling bile for most people. and the person who handed me the drink knew that. it was all part of the joke.
i hope you successfully pummeled said individual?....i once drank 2 bottles of honey mead and passed out in a tent in the middle of a field...in august..in virginia....i can't even smell it now without my stomach turning.

unclehobart

Professur said:
Pardon me while I vomit.

I refuse to drink tea if the water's had any contact with coffee. The old machine at work had a clean hot water spout and I could make tea there. But the new one passes the hot water through the same spout as the coffee, and the smell turns my stomach. I've smashed more than one cup over the years because someone used it for coffee when I wasn't there.
Properly shamed into action, I have just returned from Williams Sonoma with my new aquisition in life... a plug in tea kettle! I have now joined the ranks of the civilized. Rejoice one... rejoice all... for I shall now have perfect tea upon demand.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Does it have a water level indicator? Automatic off? Is the pot itself cordless?

Professur

Now, you need the china teapot. Or are you one of those visigoths who make their tea directly in the cup? And ...<gulp> squeeze the bag:ick:

And tell me you add the hot water to the milk, and not milk to hot water.

Oz

Thulsa Doom said:
And anyway I havent had gin since freshman year in college after a rather horrific experience i wont get into. so if i even SMELL it its like the equivalent of smelling bile for most people. and the person who handed me the drink knew that. it was all part of the joke.

Ah, now that is cruel :( (Didn't realise yer had an aversion to the stuff)

I'd be the same way if someone replaced my gin with water ;)

unclehobart

Professur said:
Now, you need the china teapot. Or are you one of those visigoths who make their tea directly in the cup? And ...<gulp> squeeze the bag:ick:

And tell me you add the hot water to the milk, and not milk to hot water.
A proper teapot will be a future buy, but instead I'm thinking of just confiscating my fathers as he never seems to use it.

I am one who adds hot water into the milk.

unclehobart

Now... What tea should I be looking for in regards to daily consumption and what is best for the rarified fancy gatherings?