tonksy is really cool!

Camelyn

Thulsa Doom said:
And anyway I haven’t had gin since freshman year in college after a rather horrific experience i wont get into. so if i even SMELL it its like the equivalent of smelling bile for most people. and the person who handed me the drink knew that. it was all part of the joke.

Huh. I'm not alone. My incident was at age 15, and involved a micky of purloined gin I shared with a friend. The evening is filled with snatches of wakefulness, during which I found myself either vomiting or sprawled in the strangest places, one of which was across the laps of four guys. The rest of the evening is lost in the haze of unconsciousness.

I haven't even been able smell the stuff since, and it took me YEARS to rebuild my alcohol tolerance (you know, NOT puking my brains out) :D

Wacky Nacky

I have decided that based on Tonk's AV and the mere fact that she rocks that I shall add her to my MSN list [[hails]]

Thulsa Doom

yes gin makes for an especially visceral reaction after youve abused it badly once or twice. even more so then tequila which is the trendy "cant touch that stuff ever again" drink.

tonksy

Wacky Nacky said:
I have decided that based on Tonk's AV and the mere fact that she rocks that I shall add her to my MSN list [[hails]]
OOPS!!!! was that you? i'm sorry...try again :D

Ms Ann Thrope

unclehobart said:
Now... What tea should I be looking for in regards to daily consumption and what is best for the rarified fancy gatherings?

What is your budget? what do you like? caffeinated or not? smoky? fermented? I keep 1/2 dozen loose teas in my pantry, and buy them at this store http://www.tenrenusa.com/default.asp in my local Chinatown. Of course, if I'm feeling flush, I'll order from Dean & Deluca in New York. Peet's is also very good.

http://www.deandeluca.com/

http://www.peets.com/shop/shop.asp

My favorite tea for company where I'll pull out the Limoges teapot and Aynsley tea cups was by Kousmichoff. Don't remember where I bought it.

http://www.cybercucina.com/ccdocs/a...n-Tea-Blends.htm?source=gaws&ccq=AdGroupKusmi

unclehobart

Budget is limitless

Always willing to try something new

caffeinated

hates earl grey... but likes lady grey

tends to like bold, strong, black teas

Oz

tonks said:
*gettin' some tea soon :D

Yup :)

I like the taste of Earl Grey.......but the stuff makes me pee like a buffalo :eh:

I usually just buy an off the shelf blend.........I drink about 20 cups a day so no need for the really posh stuff ;)

Camelyn

Oz said:

I like the taste of Earl Grey.......but the stuff makes me pee like a buffalo :eh:

I usually just buy an off the shelf blend.........I drink about 20 cups a day so no need for the really posh stuff ;)

Um, just an observation, but maybe it's the 20 CUPS a day and not the Earl Gray that makes you pee like a buffalo? :devious:

chcr

Too cute for words
Oz said:

On your hands and knees outdoors making a big puddle around your feet???????

Oz

chcr said:
On your hands and knees outdoors making a big puddle around your feet???????

nah, that's only when I drink single malt whisky ;)

Um, just an observation, but maybe it's the 20 CUPS a day and not the Earl Gray that makes you pee like a buffalo?

strange, but on me normal blend o' tea me bladder seems to handle it.......mebbe Earl Grey is too rich for me system *shrugs*

Ms Ann Thrope

unclehobart said:
tends to like bold, strong, black teas

I like black teas usually, as well. Assam is nice, as is Darjeeling (Indian tea -- I usually drink Chinese). Black tea is completely fermented (100%), Oolong tea can be fermented anywhere from 10% to 80% and is a little more delicate, while still retaining a full body. Another favorite tea, although it's certainly an acquired taste, is Lapsang Souchong. This tea has a strong smokiness, and if you like Islay malt whiskies such as Laphroig or Lagavulin, you'll love it.

unclehobart

I'll look into it... but... right now my shelves are stocked with Kona coffee... of which I plan to drink massive quantities of over the next few weeks.

AlphaTroll

unclehobart said:
Now... What tea should I be looking for in regards to daily consumption and what is best for the rarified fancy gatherings?

Whatever you choose - stay away from Nettle Tea - that shit's just gross :sick:

AlphaTroll

Howzit babe :D Agree 100% on the instant coffee (and if I have to drink it it has to be something decent like Jacobs or preferably the Dutch blends - Kroning etc).

Erm - flat white coffee? :confused: