Travelled anywhere interesting lately?

greenfreak

greenfreak said:
Sadly, I have never been off the East Coast of the US.
Still true, although we do travel a lot PA, CT, RI, MA, NJ, NY.

But next year, that is going to change. We've decided on Hawaii for our honeymoon. :dance:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
ooooooooooooh! that's exciting! *jealous*

Somewhere touristy or somewhere Ku'u and Na have recommended or ?

greenfreak

No idea whatsoever. But we are definitely going to need to hit up a few orchid nurseries and get the necessary legalities fulfilled in order to bring them back to the mainland. I know a bunch of people who have done it, you just need these "CITES" permits so you're not transporting endangered orchids off the island.

I'm just trying to get the ceremony & reception finalized first, then comes the buying of the dress, then the rings. I'm sure the honeymoon will be the last of our plans.

Inkara1

Professur said:
The tolls might be high, but the roads sure beat hell outta the gravel we drive on here. Smooth and sweet.

I'm still trying to figure out why it cost me more in tolls going down to GA than it did heading north home.
A lot of toll bridges only charge the toll one way. They're assuming you'll go back over it the other way later, I guess.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
My travelling range is pretty limited. Never been west of just west of Nashville. Been to Florida once (ONCE!!). Been as far up yonder ways as Washington DC. Went on one trip to Appleton WI for a friend's wedding. That about does it so far.

But depending on one's definitions, I have been many interesting places. There are a few little towns around here that are...eccentric, shall we say. On one of these excursions many years ago when I was still the long-haired hippie freak type feller, I was chased out of town by some switchblade toting professional rednecks intent on cutting my hair for me. I found that experience rather interesting...

There are places I would like to see before I die. Most of them are right here in good ol' Dixie of course, but I would really enjoy touring some of the castles of rural England. I want to see Scotland also. Montana intrigues me. The Ballpark at Arlington would be nice. Every winter I swear that I am going to Tahiti next year. :lloyd: Otherwise, I'll probably stay around here mostly. When one lives in their version of paradise, ain't much reason to stray.

Professur

Inkara1 said:
A lot of toll bridges only charge the toll one way. They're assuming you'll go back over it the other way later, I guess.

I do believe you're right about that. I know I was looking for one tollbridge, and never saw it on the way back. I'd assumed I'd just slept through it.

Inkara1

SouthernN'Proud said:
The Ballpark at Arlington would be nice.
Nice facility; a huge improvement over the old Arlington Stadium. The seats are better and so is the sound system. Food's nothing to write home about unless things have changed since 1998. But thanks to Tom Hicks it's no longer The Ballpark in Arlington; now it's Ameriquest Field in Arlington.

At least we can point and laugh at the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, who were ordered to disclose on their tickets and other literature that they, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, play their home games in Ahaheim and not Los Angeles. The scoreboard at Dodger Stadium still uses "ANA" as their abbreviation for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, instead of "LAA" like Fox Sports West uses.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
At least we can point and laugh at the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, who were ordered to disclose on their tickets and other literature that they, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, play their home games in Ahaheim and not Los Angeles. The scoreboard at Dodger Stadium still uses "ANA" as their abbreviation for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, instead of "LAA" like Fox Sports West uses.

This whole paragraph confuses me...

Winky

It is an inside joke.

Inside California.

A state that has as many people in it
as yer whole country does...

and if it were a separate country the worlds ninth largest
economy

and there are some that wish it were, separate

Inkara1

Nixy said:
This whole paragraph confuses me...
Arte Moreno bought the Anaheim Angels from Disney in 2003. He wants to make a profit, and one of his plans for doing so is to market the Angels to all of Los Angeles. So, he decided to change the team's name from the Anaheim Angels to the Los Angeles Angels. But then the City of Anaheim pointed out that one of the conditions set forth in the stadium lease is that Anaheim remain in the Angel's name, hence the compound fracture of a name, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Dodgers (of Los Angeles) aren't too happy about the Angels trying to horn in on the Dodgers' turf, and one way they show it is by using "ANA" instead of "LAA" on the scoreboard that shows other scores from around the league. ANA is how everyone abbreviated "Anaheim" last year, when the Angels were still known as the Anaheim Angels.

Stop Laughing

How much do tolls cost elsewhere? They doubled all our tolls last year, it now costs $4.90 one way from Indiana to Wisconsin unless you dare to go downtown.

Lopan

Going to Cyprus on a 2 week attachment on sept 19th. Mucho windsurfing and parasailing. Wish I tanned, instead got to avoid the sun at all costs. God I'm so white :D