Travelled anywhere interesting lately?

ris

germany is great but my german is not. i have enought to ask questions and understand about 30% of the reply, but i persevere as nothing is worse than another brit going abroad and speaking slowly and loudly :rolleyes:

in frankfurt there is this amazing pocket of the old city that the raf missed, it's full of bars and pubs and restaurants. easily my favourite bit of the city. :)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
gonna take me a few years, :( but I'll get over there someday ("over there" lol :D heeheehee)

unclehobart

I was born there. The fatherland is always with me. Every once in a while I get the urge to swarm into the Low countries.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Hmmm...Spain twice...Germany twice...Saudi Arabia once...Panama for 3 years...Colombia once...Korea for 1 year...Bosnia for 3 months...New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Arizona, California, Victoria BC, Mississippi, Washington, Washington DC, North Carolina, West Virginia, Texas, Ohio...Whew. The best bier was in Germany (naturally), the best beaches were, believe it or not, in Spain, and the best people had to be in Canada... :)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
awwwwww shucks! lol most of us are good joes up here.

Were all those for work? Any of them for pleasure?

Gato_Solo

They were work, but I had ample opportunity for pleasure. After all...all work and no play. :D :cool:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I just got back from my bi-monthly (no, not that kind of bi:( ) New England trip in my big truck. IN, OH, PA, NY, MA, NH, ME, NH, MA, NY, PA, OH, IN. 1986 miles, 3 stops in less than 72 hours.
does that count as anywhere interesting?

I HATE OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!![/siz]

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
each way-$46.55 on the NY Thruway, $13.20 on the MassPike (to I495), $3.50 in NH, about $7.50 in ME :grumpy:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:eek2: $46.55! is that the only road one can take? :eek:

Your trip is a lot more interesting than where I've been - Ontario, Quebec. yee haw. :laugh:

Gato_Solo

I'm sure he saw more than that, prof. Ohio is the radar capital of the US. Pennsylvania ain't much better. I've only been to New York via New Jersey, so I don't know how many patrol cars NY has...

Other sights to see are...

Lake Erie...
Niagra Falls...
Dayum, prof. I guess you're right. :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
That's not all I saw. There were the insides of crappy hotel rooms. Shitty restaurants & plazas. I even got to see the warehouse side of FW Webb, Redlon & Johnson & that other plumbing place. Oh, there were trees & bushes & trash & grass & empty corn & soy fields & a few wannabe mountains. Of course, yes, lots & lots of asphalt speeding merrily past my 10 foot high cab window, except in Ozhio, where it seemed to crawl by.

Professur

Leslie said:
Thanks, both, it does (always has) sound great. i think we'd all love it. There are brown bear around here and deer, moose are a little more north. Saw a wild turkey a few months ago, lol. Think that will be a plan in a couple years when the youngest is a little older.

Never have thought about driving west really, think if we do we'll fly over the prairies and rent a car lol corn/potatoes is boring enough can't fathom wheat.

*and I think the scottish butcher's is off the list, lol the bakery is still on though ;)

Bakery is closed now.

Professur

The tolls might be high, but the roads sure beat hell outta the gravel we drive on here. Smooth and sweet.

I'm still trying to figure out why it cost me more in tolls going down to GA than it did heading north home.