Travelled anywhere interesting lately?

Inkara1

You know, that desk looks a lot like mine. Of course, I'm a journalist too, so maybe all journalists have paper mountains on their desks.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I was in Germany 2 years ago. Went to Berlin, hamburg, Southern Germany. Saw many a hot male. Was suppose to stay for 5 months to go to school only stayed for 5 weeks cause Daddy got sick and I wanted to come home to see him.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yeah, i was born in NFLD. That was not a fun NFLD trip though it was for my Grandfather's funeral. I am prolly going this summer for a fun trip. My grandparents 50th anniversary (other side of the family obviously)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
nice room, ris lol

Nix, is it worth the drive for a tourist would you say? We've been talking about taking the kids on Canada tours over the next few summers.

Professur

We do a tour of the maritimes (minus nufie) nearly every summer. And HELL YES it's worth it. I've even seen a bald eagle out there. I dunno about going west, tho. There's not much to see until you hit the rockies. But the costal tour from Quebec city, over Gaspe, round NB, over the Confederation bridge (worth the gas all on it's own) round PEI (stop over at Avonlea and Green Gables) ferry to NS, round Cape Breton, back through NB, pop over the border nip through Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, NY, over to Niagra, back over the border into ontario, stop in TO to hit the scottish butcher's and a quick end run home.

It's worth it.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
It's my mom's van we're going in. (Me, my mom, my bro and maybe brainsoft are going). I didn't have my licence last time.

Leslie: I would say it's definatly worth it. Where my family lives there is near Gros Morne National Park and I see Moose everytime I go, a few times I have seen Black Bear and it is SO beautiful. There are table mountains that they do hikes on and everything. Also there is a viking settlement somewhere in NFLD that I went to when I was really little but by the looks of the pics it looks like a cool place with lotsa historical stuff.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Thanks, both, it does (always has) sound great. i think we'd all love it. There are brown bear around here and deer, moose are a little more north. Saw a wild turkey a few months ago, lol. Think that will be a plan in a couple years when the youngest is a little older.

Never have thought about driving west really, think if we do we'll fly over the prairies and rent a car lol corn/potatoes is boring enough can't fathom wheat.

*and I think the scottish butcher's is off the list, lol the bakery is still on though ;)

Professur

Do you like lobster? In Nb, at the right time of year, you can get it for $2/lb right off the boat.

No, I'm not kidding.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
We do on occasion, well buttered, unfortunately our oldest turns out to be deathly allergic to the crayfish food family :( so all that stuff is out now. T'would be nice though. Wonder how it is cooked over a campfire lol

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
We haven't ever been camping in a real campground lol All the camping we've done was pre-kids, and we'd take the 4x4 (also prekids) first Jeep then Toyota, and trespass on Queen's land for a few days lol those were the days. Should be an experience with 3 boys when we attempt it. Being in a real campground would probably make all the difference, though. :D

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Although a lot of people really hate Germany to go on vacation, I actually loved it. It is only a 2hr drive from where I live :D

Besides that, it's fairly easy to speak German when you can speak Dutch. At least you understand 90 percent of what they say.
Germany hasn't got a lot of history left anymore, that's a pity in my opinion. A lot of acient stuff has been destroyed during bombing raids in the WWII....necessary alas!

On the other hand, the advantage is that there are a lot of beautiful new buildings there, especially in Berlin :)
A great city to party, I'm gonna see the Love Parade next time :D
Beer, music, bratwurst, beer, beer and women :D
Can it get any better than that? :D :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I think Germany would be a lovely place to go, when $ and time are more available that's on my list. But then again so is most of Europe. Germany though looks like a beautiful country, I look forward to seeing it someday :)