Twilight?

tonksy

Has anyone here read these books? Will you be seeing the movie?

I just finished the books. Loved them. Very easy to read due to the low reading level yet enjoyable for everyone....kinda why it gets compared to Harry Potter. I normally enjoy a more meaty, more substantive kind of book but these were very entertaining.

tonksy

Twilight? There are 4: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. They are very thick books but read very easy.

BeardofPants

I read the first & ran out of patience. Nothing inspired my ire as much... well, 'cept for maybe RJ's Wheel of Time series. It's a love or hate series, and I'm very much a hater. ;) Sorry.

tonksy

Ugh. WoT tried my patience too. Didn't finish the first one.
Sorry you don't like Twilight. That's a bit perplexing to me unless your complaint was the main character, she was trying at times.

pc_builder

Funny, I couldn't get into Wheal of Time either. I kept falling asleep during the first chapter. Never been so bored with a book before. But maybe someday I'll try reading it again.

I also didn't know the movie was based on any books. :D

nalani

I read all four books in two weeks :D .. my son turned me on to them .. he loves to read. You're right, tonks - Bella irritated me thoroughly until well within the fourth book. I kept calling Ku'u and saying, "someone needs to punch her in her damned throat!" LOL.

I wanted to go watch the moves when it opens on the 21st but I hate sitting in a crowded, teenage-infested movie theater telling people to shut up when I just paid $9 for a movie. I'm gonna wait a few weeks then go see a late show *nods* .. that is, if I can stay awake long enough LOL

BlurOfSerenity

Well, a lot of things tried my patience, but sure, part of the blame can go to the main character. Bad writing, too.

agreed! i just didn't like the style... the wording was awkward, i felt (coming from ME, that's perhaps saying something!). i didn't get more than a few chapters in, because of it.
my bff read it, and though she thought it was pretty bad, she still really enjoyed it. but she thought, "i can do better" and is now in the process of writing her own vampire lovestory!

majestyx

I read all 4 of them. I'm in agreement with Tonks about the low reading level, but I enjoyed them. Looking forward to seeing the movie, too.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
They're on my list...my long long list. A lot of the other books are more for a knowledge/self growth purpose so maybe I'll pick up those 4 during Christmas break, give my brain a vacation.

I haven't read in SO long though, life has been CRAZY hectic. I really need to remedy that, I'd love an entire Sunday afternoon just to read.

Altron

a few of my friends are talking about them. I liked Dracula and Salem's lot, but I think this series sounds too wimpy.

nalani

I read all 4 of them. I'm in agreement with Tonks about the low reading level, but I enjoyed them. Looking forward to seeing the movie, too.

Oh, it most definitely is a low reading level. I checked the lexile score of the first book and it is at 750 which is basically grades 7-8. I liked the concept and the storyline ... thatʻs what kept me reading. There is a word that she used over and over though that irritated me .. I canʻt remember what it is now LOL

GrandCaravanSE

Twilight? There are 4: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. They are very thick books but read very easy.

OK, i will start i talked to my friends and i am going to borrow them. i still have to read "5 people you meat in heaven" and then i will start the twilight collection.