Twilight?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by tonksy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Inkara1

Inkara1 Well-Known Member

OK... that's a pretty reasonable price for unlimited movies. Is that like Mexican Netflix or is it an unlimited pass to the theater for new movies?

2. tonksy

tonksy New Member

That's pretty sweet.

3. GrandCaravanSE

GrandCaravanSE Active Member

:rofl4:

4. Luis G

Luis G <i><b>Problemator</b></i> Staff Member

Unlimited pass to the theater. For every movie available at any complex (provided it is owned by the company) in the country.

5. GrandCaravanSE

Damn, does that include popcorn.

6. Inkara1

Doubtful... popcorn, soda, etc. is the theater's real profit driver. Notice the cost of $4.25 for a 21-ounce soda that costs $1.09 at the corner Chevron station? Notice that the only way to get around that is to take a woman with you, have her hide the bottle of cheap soda in her purse, when when someone asks to inspect it, have her say, "What, you want to see my tampons?"

7. tonksy

tonksy New Member

No one has ever asked to look in my quite sizable mom bag before. I am in the habit of bringing in plastic bowls to divvy out the popcorn from the large bucket we buy and maybe some waters.

8. BeardofPants

BeardofPants New Member

Dudes, are you not allowed to take in other kinds of snack food and/or drink into the theatres? We do it all the time - store-brought snacks, diet coke, and fat-free gelato as opposed to that atrocious ice cream they sell.

9. tonksy

tonksy New Member

I didn't think it was disallowed. Perhaps it shouldn't be flaunted...

10. BeardofPants

BeardofPants New Member

http://io9.com/5096763/twilight-makes-for-the-best-fanwank-ever

Awesome. :D

11. tonksy

tonksy New Member

I think some people require much too much of a simple work of fiction. It's made to be read and enjoyed not held up to a magnifying glass and picked apart for it's inconsistencies. It's a story, a silly campy story that amuses the reader...a fake one, a contrived one, a wholeheartedly unlikely and unrealistic...even corny piece of fiction. It's supposed to be fun.
    Not everyone is Tolkien and not everyone should be :shrug:

Although I do agree with the dreamt up sexual fantasy basis. I wish my dreams were so vivid.

12. BeardofPants

BeardofPants New Member

It's not the inconsistencies that bug me, it's the sheer scale of sloppy writing, poor characterisation, god-awful plot-lines, etc, etc. Not everyone's turned on by virginal vamp lovin' channelled through piss-poor writing. :shrug: Pretty much the same reason I abhorred Dan Brown.

13. BeardofPants

BeardofPants New Member

*goes off to re-watch Buffy

14. Inkara1

Signs are posted: "No outside food or drink."

15. BeardofPants

BeardofPants New Member

I think the only thing we're not allowed to take in is hot food.

16. Inkara1

Over here, they ban it all because they want to capture the sale at the snack bar. Major, major markup makes for major, major profit.

17. GrandCaravanSE

you can just wear baggy pants all the "ballers" do. oh me i just wear a huge winter coat in the middle of the summer.

18. Luis G

Luis G <i><b>Problemator</b></i> Staff Member

Same over here.

My membership includes only the entrance to watch the movie.

19. BlurOfSerenity

BlurOfSerenity New Member

i went to see the twilight movie, because some friends wanted to go... oh. my. god, that has to have been one of the worst movies i've ever seen in my life. like, it was technically terrible. and i don't know if it was supposed to be as hilarious as it was... like, every time edward glared dramatically, everyone in the theater burst into laughter. my one friend thinks this was the reaction the movie was going for, but i'm not so sure.

20. BlurOfSerenity

BlurOfSerenity New Member

it was very entertaining, though.