Typical complaint "Mexicans standing on the corner. You need to check them out"

Discussion in 'Kiddie Korner' started by spike, May 2, 2010.

1. spike

spike New Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/29/AR2010042904970.html?hpid=topnews

It's been established that no offense needs to have been committed to be forced to prove your legal status but it would be ridiculous if someone could just call the cops on you like that.

2. ResearchMonkey

ResearchMonkey Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yep, gotta get the riff-raft off the streets. It's a shame that the laws went un-enforced for so long, now the streets have illegals on every corner trying to work under-the-table and not paying taxes.

It's time to release the Krakken.

[​IMG]

3. spike

spike New Member

You want to make it so if you stand on a corner you will need to show your papers?

4. ResearchMonkey

ME questioned by the cops? It's happens all the time. I film all over the place day and night. A coupla' questions maybe produce and ID and explain my intentions and it all good. I've even had cops use their lights to protect me in risky shots after they discovered I was in good legal standing.

Now if I had warrants, was a criminal or I was an illegal alien, sure I'd worry about it. I might even leave town. -- But I'm a law abiding citizen of the United States.

Why would I care what criminals and illegals think about getting ID'd?

Obamacare, now THAT is fascism in the making.

5. Gonz

Gonz molṑn labé Staff Member

Don't be dense.

Fairfax & Olympic (at least used to be) is illegal alien corner from 5AM onward. Keeping it illegal for ILLEGAL ALIENS to work, or rent or whatever, is not the crime. Being an ILLEGAL ALIEN is.

6. Cerise

Cerise Well-Known Member

The same people who are so opposed to identifying illegals have no problem with forcing citizens to have their "papers."

Dems spark alarm with call for national ID card

7. spike

spike New Member

Criminals and illegals aren't the only ones that would be getting forced to show their papers

Nope. The AZ immigration law is fascism.

8. spike

spike New Member

Your being dense. Standing on a corner is not illegal.

9. spike

spike New Member

You've crammed 3 fallacies into one sentence there.

1. "The same people"

It's not the "same people". Some people are against both, some people are for both, some people are for one and not the other.

2. "opposed to identifying illegals"

Illegals are not the only ones that will be forced to identify themselves and prove their legal status.

3. "forcing citizens to have their "papers.""

The id card is not something you would have to have every time you left the house to prevent from being detained.

10. Inkara1

Inkara1 Well-Known Member

FEAR! WE MUST FEAR RACIAL PROFILING! FEAR!!!!! FEAR!!!!! FEAR!!!!!

11. Gonz

Name one citizen who has been unduly put out due to THIS LAW.

12. Cerise

Cerise Well-Known Member

1. The "same people" are the Leftists. Duh.

2. Anyone has the right to remain silent. :shrug:

3. Immigrants must carry their alien registration documents at all times......so what's the big deal? Oh, you mean they might not have any registration docs in the first place?

This law mirrors the federal immigration law:

See? They already have to have it every time they leave the house.

Here's a nice summary of the AZ law by the NYSlimes, which should clear up your confusion: Why Arizona Drew a Line

13. spike

spike New Member

They just signed it so I'm not sure what the point you're trying to make is. I imagine you can see the clear ability to unduly put out citizens that don't have their papers though.

14. spike

spike New Member

Oh, well then you're generalization is a definitely a fallacy then. Your own article proves that since it says the ACLU is against the measure.

This comment makes no sense in context with the fallacy you were trying to defend.

Citizens will have to have their papers on them at all times or face detainment. That's the big deal.

Yes, but now citizens will need their papers as well if they do not want to be detained.

15. ResearchMonkey

Fact is ~100,000 illegals disappeared in a week, months before the law goes into effect. Thats great news for Az.

The only fallacy here is your imagination and argument.

Maybe that pea-pod gave you a concussion.

16. Gotholic

Gotholic Well-Known Member

Baby steps, spike, baby steps. You cannot turn up the heat too fast otherwise too many people will realize they are being cooked. I can easily see this "ID only for workers" being a bait and switch from a mile away.

17. Gonz

So nothing is happening, nor has happened. You're passing along info in past tense.

18. Cerise

Cerise Well-Known Member

*Snerk

19. Cerise

Cerise Well-Known Member

20. Cerise

Cerise Well-Known Member