U-Scan

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:
Isn't your life worth the extra 3 cents a gallon when you see some 'crack-head' lighting up a smoke, or dialing away on his/her cell-phone with all those fumes drifiting up from the filler-pipe?

The gas stations hire crack addicts to pump gas ;)

Inkara1

I'd rather that than have me paying to support their crack habit via the tax and welfare system. :D

Winky

A Tech that worked for me in the late 90's told me a story relayed to him by his wife about what happened to homeless people who had taken up residence in the city dump.

The Columbian army went down there and shot them.

Now if we could adopt that policy here we’d solve the homeless problem overnight huh?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It is harsh. Start another WPA & they can work for us for a change. No work, no food, no shelter.

Professur

Now, why don't all you folk who don't like these things put an end to them? Get a few people together (they're easily found, they're the ones cursing) and set up in the parking lot with some sheets of paper, and start a petition. Half a million sigs should be enough to head that POS to the sidewalk in a hurry.

Personally, I make a special point of not using pay-at-the-pump, or anything else automated. And I happily tell the managers why. They don't offer me any discount to use them, so why should I? Self serve was great, when there was a price difference. Why the hell would i pump my own when the station three corners up has the same price, and a kid who'll not only pump it, but clean the windshield, but check the oil and washer fluid too?

unclehobart

Professur said:
Why the hell would i pump my own when the station three corners up has the same price, and a kid who'll not only pump it, but clean the windshield, but check the oil and washer fluid too?
No kidding? I haven't seen anything like that here since the 70s.

Professur

Oh hell yeah. I flip the kid a loon for the extras. A pair if the weather's really crappy. It's not required, but it gets me "regular" status, and a smile with the service.

unclehobart

The sheer cold would be my thought as to why they kept full service. The magical 90 day deepest winter temps would make most people rather stay in their car. Smart businessman you got there. Stealin' customers and devloping loyalty. It's all so very... capitalistic. The government might clamp down on him.

Inkara1

Cars from the 1960s in the US were foolproof in that regard. The gas went in through a hole in the center of the back of the car. :D