***URGENT*** What would you do?

Aunty Em

fury said:
You might want to try for a 133FSB, T-Birds above 1.33Hz have them.
Some 1.0's and 1.2's are 133fsb.

1300's never actually had a 100fsb, the multiplier on T-birds only went up to 12.5, so the motherboard bumped up the FSB to 104 to achieve 1300mhz.

There's also a 1000(133) option in my bios so there must be some of those about too. Mine refuses to boot when I set it to that though. :)

Aunty Em

whoreable said:
well get to work. unlockin a tbird is fun and easy!

I know it's easy, I just would rather not fuck about with it until I actually have a replacement sitting quietly in a corner just in case I fuck it up. Otherwise I could be offline for a while until I can get one. :eek: :(

I'm seriously thinking about keeping this one and when the other one's up and running doing all the nasty things I want to do to it but am too chicken to try at the moment. :)

fury said:
You might want to try for a 133FSB, T-Birds above 1.33Hz have them.
Some 1.0's and 1.2's are 133fsb.

1300's never actually had a 100fsb, the multiplier on T-birds only went up to 12.5, so the motherboard bumped up the FSB to 104 to achieve 1300mhz.

actually, there were bios addresses to fix that misreport, it actually remapped the 12.5x to 13x within the chip (sorta like the k6-2 2x to 6x remap) i think only cores at the release of the 1300 and later have that remap.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
At least, that's how it was with KT7's. I set the thing at 107fsb and the mult at 12.5 and it reported an FSB of 112, causing the CPU to jump up to 1425mhz. Man, was it hot. :eek:

Aunty Em

I've just ordered my PSU, should have it by next week. :)

I'm getting twitchy, I want to order the board and memory now but I have to wait 3 weeks. Damn christmas, I should make em all go without presents for once!